Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2017, 07:01 AM

Daily Thread, Wednesday, 12 April.

Good morning all. My PC is playing up so if I disappear you will know I have lost contact with my screen it keeps disappearing.

Lynn, hope there is no real damage to your car, glad your journey to Essex and back was otherwise uneventful.

Griff, I am frightened to advise you because I know that you cannot turn off caring for someone but I am sure he is ok. Stop anxing over him.

June, hope all is well with you and the girls and Cariad is still doing ok.

Sue, hope Barry's mouth is now ok and that he is more cheerful.

Eileen, Mandy, Norma, Kazz, Nikki, Harvey and Jenny and all friends of the thread not seen lately hope you are all ok.

Have a good day, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2017, 07:19 AM
Morning all
Oooo pc problems, not good, they tend to be expensive!! Hope you can get it repaired easily
Going to be busy today, need to try and get the house in order for the "royal" visit...also known as my brother lol....i just hope he isn't in one of his" I am better than you" visits...roll on Sunday night!
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-04-2017, 07:42 AM
Moyra

thanks for asking, my mouth is a lot better now but still a little nagging pain while things heal up.
Yesterday having gone to homebase I spotted a water butt tap which reminded me that Sue was complaining about how hard the existing one was to turn.
As we have not had any rain for a long time the butt was empty a good time to put in the new tap. So I drained of the remaining sludge inside, yes it was pure sludge, and stuck my head Inside to undo the tap nut and replace it.

So now we have a proper flowing outlet with a garden hose section attached against the collapsed existing one

Whose a clever boy now?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-04-2017, 09:32 AM
Morning Moyra, griff and Barry.

Glad the mouth is feeling better Barry.
Hope you're feeling well today griff. I believe it's chemo day ? Hope you take it today.

Moyra not to much damage bit of a ding a piece of small sliver trim will need replacing above the headlight I am thinking and hoping the marks will come off with some elbow grease or the magic stuff griff has recommended.
If you had seen the space I had to get out of at the garden centre you wouldn't believe I could hit the gate post.
Hope all is well with you June.

Hope everyone is well today and all four legged friends.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-04-2017, 09:37 AM
Moyra I can't remember what its called but there is something on laptops where the screen backlight goes and you have to USB cable it to a monitor.
Griff, stop stressing over your brother, he is a mere human being and probably doesn't even think of the effects a Royal Visit has
Sad morning, Cariad has been sick overnight she's eaten breakfast, it wasn't raining just spitting. Let her go out with the others after she'd had her breakfast, but reluctant to go though. Cleaned up in the kitchen and kept an eye on her. Started raining and she was just lay in it, put fresh bedding down and brought her back in. Lying in the rain is just not her, so I know things aren't right. Poo's are fine up to now. She was retching the other night and eventually produced a piece of bone and bile and I thought phew thank God it was a piece of bone. But this time it was some apple I gave her and Mabs before bed, she seemed strange about eating it,but did east it when I cut it in 4. Not good though is it
Heavy rain set in so a duvet day for us
Barry it's 'who's' not 'whose'
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2017, 10:06 AM
oh no TW.... i do hope Cariad perks up a bit, ((hugs)) for you
Lynn, i am being naughty and not taking it..i have to go and see my friends later and beer will be involved Lol
Tumbleweed, good job!
My brother doesn't like my dogs...they like him Lol he seems to think he is better than me as he went to uni, has his own house, car, holidays abroad etc, he really rubs me up the wrong way and seems to have forgotten where he comes from...soon be sunday lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-04-2017, 10:14 AM
Oh June do hope it's just a blip with Cariad. Max never used to lie in the rain but when he was ill he did. We knew then things were going downhill. I do hope this isn't the case with Cariad.
Tut tut griff but I will let you off as you seem to be having a stressful time recently. Hopefully next Wednesday ?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-04-2017, 10:19 AM
I know Griff, but he isn't and because he thinks be is a cut above mere mortals then all the more reason to refuse to accede to his delusion! You are able to do lots of things he can't begin to do. University rarely teaches you anything except to pass exams does it.
Will keep an eye on Cariad, she's tucked up in bed at the moment, may be just a horrid coincidence, I have been preparing mentally for stuff to start going wrong, she was full of life on Monday, so a bit of a shock for this to happen now
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2017, 10:21 AM
yes lyn, deffo next wednesday, i wouldn't dare miss 2 weeks in a row
Steves old dog Max used to lie outside constantly, he would lie out in the chucking down rain and you couldn't get him in no matter what, the number of times steve said he had gone to bed and left the back door open for him to come in if he wanted was unbelievable, i used to worry his house would get burgled as max couldn't bark you wouldn't be aware of anyone in the garden/house
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2017, 10:25 AM
Awww TW, i really hope she is just having a little off moment
You are right, we are 2 very very different people, who knows how my life would have gone if i hadn't had my accident at work? i dare say i would have had my own business, i would have still ended up with dogs though...that is a given lol
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >