Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2017, 06:32 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday, 11 April

Good morning one and all, The sun is up but it is b cold out there.

I hope everyone is ok, I could do with going back to bed but Amber will be wanting her walk.

Have a good day, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2017, 09:00 AM
Morning Moyra
Lacey...i was still up but wasn't online sadly...wouldn't have minded a natter Lol. Got off to sleep at about 3 am and was awake again before 7am
Whatsapp left undelivered and unread still so he hasn't turned his phone on at all, no answer from the landline this morning...i wonder if he has turned his phones off and is sat at home moping..i have rung off my mobile, landline and tried with my number with held so it isn't like he is blocking my calls..plus it just goes to busy tone when you do that (we have the same phones), i have written a little note and will get myself dressed and send it as tracked...not recorded as he won't answer the door and then will have to go from there...how long do you give it before physically going up? i don't think he would have hurt himself because of the dog but i am starting to worry now
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-04-2017, 09:00 AM
Cold here this morning as well, Moyra. Easter weekend is going to be the same as well. I know of people who had 'Easter' last weekend when the sun was out
Eileen they've had an email at the parking office with a piccie of my one hour paid ticket. Not getting away with it. I have already located a Holland and Barrett shop nearby and won't be going in Bolton again
Griff, hope everything is OK. If he hasn't been in work won't he get the sack I was wondering exactly the same if its a quota thing and its been done to get them through the day. No wonder Bolton is empty, nothing except large chain stores, and some of them going, and over zealous parking officers. No reason to go into the place is there
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2017, 11:55 AM
Yay...sunshine has come out!!!
TW, it is quite common for them to have targets and they will make them no matter what they have to do...they don't seem to connect the queried ticket with the attendant and take it off their target (does that make sense)
I think he will have been signed off sick...i should have realised the other week there was something wrong and now he won't answer the phone..his mobile is still off...maybe he has changed his numbers but i doubt it..this is how he got before, refused to speak to anyone but me...not even his sister! and now he won't speak to me because i have been horrible to him...he hurt me so i hurt him back and now i am so flippin worried. I have tried 4 times today but no answer so have popped a letter in the post and warned that i will drag myself up there if he doesn't let me know he's o.k..i don't want to incase he has met somebody as i don't want to mess things up (for what it's worth i don't think he has anyone), i mean how would they get hold of him with his phone off Lol!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-04-2017, 12:51 PM
Yeah Griff, it does make sense. Why on earth they don't join the dots and realise whats going on I have no idea, but this is Bolton Council we're talking about here. The ones that gave £300,000 of our money to a firm of ambulance chasers, handed out in a meeting behind closed doors, sadly one of the other councillors was so angry that the details were leaked to the press and the whole area was up in arms. I understand the firm handed the money back eventually such was the outpouring of anger, so the whole bizarre scenario makes perfect sense in their eyes probably!!!
I hope he is OK Griff, am concerned about Molly, but I think if anything had happened she would be barking and people would hear her surely.
Back from the bone run, motorway blocked because everyone going to the Trafford Centre, the inside lane of the high level bridge was full of cars queueing to get through the lights at the bottom, to queue at more lights, to queue to get in the car park. I remember Easter Holidays as being a time to be outside, but that was back in the day.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2017, 12:59 PM
it's madness what some people who are in charge of contracts and targets etc do, i think common sense leaves them when they sign the job contract Lol
Molly doesn't bark TW, Steve has had her for 4 years and only heard her bark twice, people come and knock the door and she just stands and stares at it Lol...i know he doesn't want anything to do with me and that is fine, but if he is down again me walking away from him won't have helped and for that i feel bad...he said and did some awful stuff to me so i did the immature thing in behaving the same way, now i am just not sure what on earth to do..i am sure he is o.k, most likely just avoiding me but i am getting really concerned, i am going to end up going up there, knocking his door for him not to answer...if he's there and if he is i will have to open the door and let myself in and have him go off on one at me..all because he won't pick up the damn phone not to mention have to try and come up with a place i have to be so i don't get yelled at by my family...they will just say s*d him but i can't be like that with him
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2017, 02:43 PM
Oh hell....my brothers coming home Friday.....yay, more stress!!! Apparently he is here Friday Saturday and heads home Sunday evening
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2017, 03:22 PM
Good afternoon everyone

Oh dear Griff you are worrying over him and he really doesn't/didnt care about you. You are one good person. Its only 3 days Griff bite your tongue and your brother will be gone

Hope you get the parking fine sorted June. Years ago eldest son was fined for not parking between the lines in a car park. He actually parked the car when it was covered in about half an inch of snow so unless you had X-ray vision a very hard thing to do.

Been busy today. Teazle walked twice, shopping for the next five weeks done and wire and canes bought to make a cage to keep her ladyship off my raspberries
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2017, 03:30 PM
Wow...i didn't know that you could get a ticket for not parking between the lines!!! Would make a bomb here lol. Does teazle eat the raspberries?? I am sure he will be sat there on his games console wallowing...he was due some time off from work but not sure when that was, I haven't had depression but I know its supposed to be awful,my dad has it but at least he takes his anti depressants...no doubt I will be told to p...off but at least my mind will be put at rest
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-04-2017, 06:37 PM
Evening everyone.

Hope Barry is in less pain Sue.June good luck with the parking target shouldn't need luck really seems they are clearly in the wrong.
griff sorry you are worrying over Steve. If you end up going up there could you do what the RSPCA do and put some sellotape over a lock and I know it means getting back there in a few days to check if it has been moved or taken off but might save you getting a telling off. Which you don't deserve.

Been a lovely day weather wise and company wise. Saw Gill we put some nice spring/summer silk flowers in place of the christmas ones and gave them a tidy. Then had lunch and a good natter not been back long.
Good journey there and back traveled all that way and then dinged my offside front wing on the new gate post. Gate post fine missing some paint, have let Paul and Beth know Paul has some black paint and will touch it up. Seems most of the scrapes might wash off but will need need a new bit of silver trim as it is a bit crumpled. Plus must of gone over one of the many bumps on the way back which pulled my mud flap down Gorden managed to get that back in place.

Now having a cuppa and will be having a glass of red in a bit.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >