Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2017, 06:48 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 08 April

Good morning everyone, temps expected to rise into the low 20s c today. So should be a lovely day, doesn't seem to get much warmer at night though.

Lynn, hope you managed to get a lot of painting and decorating done yesterday as well as walk Dillon who's paw I hope is standing up to it all.

June, Sorry you do not seem to be getting any nice weather hope some comes your way today. Hope Cariad is still doing well bless her.

Hope Barry's mouth is more comfortable today and you both managed to get some sleep last night Sue.

Griff, If the shoes are comfortable on then an hour or two in them wont do any harm.

The Thread was very quiet again yesterday, hope it is because everyone is able to get out in the sunshine.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2017, 07:20 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Hope you are keeping as well as possible Moyra. Thank you for asking about Barry. He saw the dentist who has agreed the tooth has to come out so has an appointment for Monday morning. At least the pain seems to have subsided and we have managed a good nights sleep.

Hope everyone is getting the good weather we are having down here. Off into Brighton this afternoon. Originally I was only going with my laptop but dear son has asked me to go vacuum cleaner hunting with him - I know have to live

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-04-2017, 07:32 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue and all who follow.

Very misty here and chilly at the moment but do believe temps are going to rise.
Moyra we got the kitchen emulsioned one wall will need another coat we were hoping it wouldn't but on drying it will. So off out later for another smaller tin plus a few tiles for behind the sink and a cheap splashback for behind the cooker. Then plate rack and utensil rail and blind back up. Also need some shelving.
Hoping to get the most of it if not all of it sorted today.
Mark off tomorrow and bringing Joel back till Tuesday for a little break away. Mark is working in leicester Monday off Tuesday then back in the leicester Dunelm till Saturday not allowed to fish the river till june so no point in Joel staying here for much longer dad working us decorating and no fishing so he would get bored.
Plus Gorden and I find ourselves cream crackered by the end of the day no fun for a 15 year old.
Hopefully summer we will have some days free to entertain him.

Sue glad to hear you and Barry got some sleep last night and that by Monday tea time the pesky tooth will of gone.
Enjoy the hoover shopping. Hopefully coffee and cake is on the cards to make the outing more appealing..

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are too and that everybody enjoys the lovely weekend temperatures due.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-04-2017, 09:45 AM
We eventually got sun very late afternoon yesterday. Sunny this morning and there is some warmth in it. River today for Mabs and Zen, rest can have a walk in the trees along the river near the bridge, if no one about a ball game off lead. I sure Moyra it is very cold at night. I have a thick coat and woolly hat on when I take Cariad out last thing. Mabs is so funny, I go out and check before I go to bed, and there she is at the door, comes in, queues up for a raw carrot then waits for a bed to be made then they lie side by side eating them. Her and Cariad have never been BFF, Cariad did thaw towards her when she had the litter Kesh came from and invited her to be nanny, and she was o overjoyed about that. Once the babies had left she took over Keshi's education but her relationship with Cariad went back to a sort of armed truce. Now she is coming in to sleep with her, and Kesh seems to look after her mum in the day, although I have seen Zen get into real trouble from Mabs for trying to steal Cariads bone.
Cariad was actually instigating play with Kesh yesterday and running round, albeit it was more of a fast trot mostly
Glad to hear Barry is having the tooth out, but he will have a rough couple of days after. Happy Hoover hunting, I'm fancying that G Tech, but its not cheap is it, supposed to be The One at the moment
Lynn you are on a roll with this painting, everywhere will look really clean and sparkly
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-04-2017, 02:20 PM
Do you think mabs knows Cariad is unwell ?

Not long back form getting more paint. Tiles for back of kitchen sink and a cooker splashback. Plus a micro cd system which we weren't planning on getting but it was a bargain. Thing is remote is missing so we have to take it back to the range in the week for them to give us a remote from another one.
Topps tiles was a nightmare picked some tiles and were going to use the same design instead of a splashback behind the cooker. Got to the till and salesman then informs us we will need sealer as they are porous. me no thanks can't be doing with that faffing about just want them up and able to wipe them down with a bit of washing up liquid when needed. Apparently even when sealed you need to apparently use their special cleaner at £10 a bottle.
We left.
Went to b&q go some for £30 nice sparkly ones various colours, black splashback for behind hob and grout etc., for just over £100. If we were staying I might of been swayed by the topps tiles option but not for getting rid.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-04-2017, 03:32 PM
brenda forgot to mention Manomasa crisps on special offer in Tesco 99p.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-04-2017, 05:46 PM
Oh they'll have known well before I did that there is something wrong. Dogs are being used to detect cancers and predict epileptic attacks and diabetic comas so I can't see them not knowing it in themselves. Pretty sure they are fully aware, probably know a lot more than I do about it. Lona is behaving strangely towards her, grumbling at her in the morning when she comes out after breakfast, which I think is bizarre seeing as they are sisters and been together from day 1 and always.
Been a lovely day today, took 3 for a walk round, then Mabs and Zen onto the river for an hour to swim and run about.
Then cleaned yard and kennels, scrubbed buckets and put fresh water in. Into front garden and hammered in some plastic lawn edging against the adjoining hedge to Jeff's after I'd raked all his weeds off my flowerbeds. Asked his brother if he could clear around the hedge as it was coming into my garden, a few months ago, and he looked at me like I was an alien. Bear in mind the guy is a gardener as well by the way. Bought the plastic edging a while ago, first decent day we've had really for me to get rid of whats encroached onto my side and then build a barricade. Then I got rid of the plants that didn't make it through the winter, had a shift round of the pots, and thats that for a while. Checked my seeds and they are already showing their little heads above the soil, they have been watered and then covered up and left in the sun, will bring them in when I take girls teas out, which is anytime now.
Mopped kitchen floor, washed up, shower, hair wash then lazy afternoon.
Think Griff has gone nocturnal.
Tiles sound nice, Lynn. Looking forward to seeing it all finished and sparkly
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-04-2017, 07:32 PM
It's amazing June isn't it ? On a bernese forum I belong to there have been two instances of 2 bernese living in the same household and alerting their owners to one of their companions being unwell with bloat and the other that their companions dog tag had got stuck in the decking.
The lady concerned never usually leaves collars on but got distracted and next thing she knew her other bernese was alerting her to the problem.

I will take photos of the finished project.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-04-2017, 08:27 PM
The Utonagan with bone cancer has recently moved house (with her mum and 'brother' Cesar (Zens brother) ) and they were saying that she had dug up the herb garden and Cesar the strawberry patch. Straight away I said what herbs, and they didn't seem to know. Cast your mind back to Rhianna and her eating the comfrey, I knew she was self medicating, and of course she was. Then within a couple of weeks Timba was diagnosed with bone cancer, I wish people would take more notice when their pets (not only dogs) do things like this, because it isn't just a case of how strange this is happening, there is a reason behind it sometimes and we need to be more observant in my opinion. Cariad hasn't seemed interested in anything untoward really, apart from the fact that the others love eating the rotted down grass cuttings on the football field, and she just isn't.
Lovely warm night tonight, I've just been outside and shut their doors, and brought Cariad in, and Zen's been nasty with her, so she got a good telling off. Zen knows something is wrong, because she would never have dared do what she's doing now, even a couple of weeks ago that wouldn't have happened.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2017, 08:46 PM
Lol..I popped on earlierTW...but I had to shoot off and help my dad out....car stuff, of course I know nothing!!! They supplied the wrong part and I ended up going to the BMW dealership looking a sack of sh*t covered in muck to point out the error and get the right bit, I was not amused!!
Animals totally amaze me how they just know stuff
Having awful trouble sleeping still , tried booze and painkillers the part 2nights but no good, averaging round 2-3 hours a night and the weight is dropping off me...none of my clothes fit
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >