Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2017, 06:48 AM

Daily Thread, Wednesday, 05 April

Good morning everyone,

Still cold here, I hope everyone else is warmer than I feel.

June , glad the bone run was a success and you managed to accommodate it all.

Lynn, I am glad you enjoyed your day out with Gorden.

Harvey, glad you managed to get your fence repaired with something stronger to keep the dogs in.

Eileen, saying Mandy is your twin do you mean you both share the same birthday if so Belated Birthday Wishes to you.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-04-2017, 08:27 AM
'morning Moyra and all who follow

Very unusual, today SWMBO is going out early so I have jumped on the PC

Sun is out and looks like I'll be clearing up after the fence work yesterday, some old panels maybe re-useable with a bit of work, and the rest will be burnt. Grass needs doing, and there's the ongoing workshop project which will keep me busy for some time.

Will likely pop back this evening, in the meantime enjoy your day everyone
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-04-2017, 08:58 AM
Feeling quite cold here and very dull, sun has disappeared completely.
Going to get girls out for a walk in the next hour and hoping its quieter than Monday. River levels are dropping and going to go down there this week, also all mudbaths have dried and the towpath is navigable I should imagine. This means I am not tied to taking them all on the field, although the country park will more than likely have walking disaster areas dotted around
I have been looking at concrete fencing, Harvey. After numbnuts kicking my fence in I definitely won't risk wood again. Need to speak to Alun first and see if it fits with the brick kennel plans or whether a brick wall will be a better option. Either way no one will have the chance of doing anything approaching this to me ever again.
Still not rung the vets for Cariads follow up appointment, I know its the worst news ever and can't face up to it at the moment.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2017, 09:05 AM
Morning all. Trying to get a picture of Buster onto the site seems harder than I recall. Oh well.

Anyhow cold here yet sun is there behind the clouds apparently going to be warmer by the weekend although I do not think all in all a bad March or early April.

T.W As long as she is okay in herself which she obviously is.....I think I would be happy to continue as is quality and happy is important in my opinion. I am ith you hearing the words from the vets sometimes is just too much, regardless of the fatc often your head has already made a senario worse than it actualy is. My heart goes out to you can your son not come with you a bit of support goes a long long way.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-04-2017, 09:37 AM
Morning Moyra, Harvey, June and Kazz and all to follow.
Lovely sunny morning here. Not long back from walking Dillon the lambs are in the fields now and the calfs and mums since yesterday.

Harvey glad the fence is now Casey proof good luck with the clearing up plenty of that to do in our garden to decorating first though.
June I know that feeling you really don't want to know. I agree with Kazz if Cariad seems well then what's the hurry ? Many of us share the same views with regards quality of life not quantity and if she is still enjoying her life then enjoy it with her. You will know when to make the appointment to maybe making that decision we all dread.
Kazz is it soon you go in for your op ? So glad Buser has settled so well.

Gill rang yesterday she went for her appointment re: the last chemo it hasn't worked it wasn't strong enough. The last lot if you recall she had they had to weaken as she couldn't tolerate it so where it goes from here who knows ? She goes back in 3 weeks for a discussion about possibly more chemo or not or other options. The tumour isn't aggressive though and although it hasn't shrunk with the chemo it hasn't gained size either so they are thinking more options may be out there for her.
Going over to see her Tuesday. All in all she seemed fairly upbeat.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2017, 09:38 AM
Good morning everyone

Good to hear that your garden is now Casey proof just hope he doesn't find another escape route

June I really feel for you have been in a similar position. As long as she seems to be enjoying life and eating well I would go by how she is day by day. Hugs.

Lovely day here. Teazle walked, washing done and on line, bed stripped (will wash them tomorrow) and all windows up and down cleaned outside. Now having a coffee, Barry up and down with his tooth in the night so not much sleep for either of us but no doubt he will drop of later. Thank goodness his appointment is tomorrow.

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2017, 10:12 AM
Morning all
Harvey, watch your back!!
TW, wouldn't worry too much about the vets...all they will do is confirm what you know, agree with the others...if she is happy and eating and seems pain free, leave her be
Morning Moyra
Hi Sue, fancy doing my windows??
Lynn, everyday they make a little break though with cancer, tomorrow might just be the day where they find something to sort Gill..big hugs to her
i got some good news yeaterday, do you remember my aunt got diagnosed with breast cancer and had a 4 month delay in her treatment as she had moved and the hospital kept writing to her old address? well, she has a lumpectomy a few weeks ago and a lymph node removed, yesterday was the day she foud out if she needed a full mastectomy and chemo...she doesn't, they say they got all the cancer, the lymphnodes aren't involved so she just needs radiotherapy and tamoxifen for 5 years
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-04-2017, 11:28 AM
Sorry to hear Barry's tooth is still niggling Sue roll on tomorrow.
griff yes have to be positive Gill certainly is.
Good news about your aunt. X

Hall door and frame painted and kitchen ceiling nearly done. House looks a tip though.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2017, 01:31 PM
Oh Lynn, I am sure it is not a tip just not house and garden presentable for purchase yet, but you will get there shortly, especially if Gorden is home more often. We are with you all the way.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-04-2017, 01:43 PM
Thanks Moyra. Upstairs tidied and living room all looking a little more presentable.
Really feel like we are moving forward now. Kitchen walls being emulsioned tomorrow.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >