Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 03:07 PM

What a good boy!

Over the past few days Harry has been exceptionally well behaved.
On Thursday I took him around the park with Cooper on the longline and he didn't wander off and came straight back to have his lead on.
Yesterday I took him and Cooper out with a friend and her dog and again he was wonderfully behaved, even jumped back in the car as soon as I opened the door.
Today I took him out on his own in the park and he recalled beautifully every time, moved over to walk at heel when asked and came straight back to have his lead on.
We even showed up a man with about 4 or 5 Springers today (for those who don't know Harry is a working type rescue Springer), I called Harry over to walk to heel as we passed them and the man moved his lot over to the other side then just as we were passing one of his Springer darted over and I nearly fell over it, where as Harry stayed put at my side
I'm so proud of him, when we got him in November I didn't think we would ever be able to safely have him off lead but with a bit of work he is turning into a fabulous dog. He even seems to have let some of his guard down now and rolls on his back for a belly rub.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 03:10 PM
Congratulations!
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 03:29 PM
Thank you, I'm very proud of him Helps me to feel not quite so useless as well when Cooper is still a pain in the bum

We also met a huge snake crawling across the path just as we were going into the park(think it was an adder)
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2011, 11:14 AM
Well done sounds like he's really settling in