View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Harvey's Mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-10-2009, 11:32 AM

Don't some people make you want to spit !!!!!!

Now I know I'm not perfect by any stretch of the imagination........but OOOOOOOOO I wanna spit feathers after this mornings walk, as I have said before Harvey has not been socialized with other animals but I am making a breakthrough and he is getting better by the day, on this mornings walk I saw a guy in the distance with two Collies off lead so I took Harvey off the path and on a short lead, this guy then saw me and started screaming at the smallest collie, to stop we were at least a hundred meters away at this point in time. I sat Harvey down and waited for him to catch his dog and put it on a lead.....He only put the one dog on the lead so I thought maybe the other did not bother other dogs.....so slowly I started walking Harvey forward keeping well away from the path giving this chap a wide bearth......next min he is screaming at the dog off the lead as it is charging towards Harvey, I sat harvey down keeping him very close and talking calm to him, he wanted to go to this dog rushing at him but was very good and did as I asked him........This guy grabbed the dog by the scruff and pushed it down a side path......then turned and gave me the dirtyest look ever......as if to say how dare you have such a large dog out in public..........Gee I am so mad I am trying my best and Harvey is doing everything I ask of him, his social skills are coming on day by day with other dogs.

I have met some very nice people and with their help I have slowley introduced Harvey to their dogs to a point where he will sit within their reach whilst I have a chat.....He is such a good boy.

Phew now thats off my chest I'm going to have a cuppa sorry I just had to Vent......
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-10-2009, 11:33 AM
LOL- hope you feel better!!!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2009, 11:38 AM
Have a hug xxxxx
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2009, 11:39 AM
you and harvey did brilliantly! well done and enjoy your cuppa!
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2009, 11:42 AM
Sounds like you and Harvey did really well.

It's really frustrating when things like this happen, but it was a great training opportunity for you both

I get mucky looks off people when I'm walking down the street with my staffy on lead (she walks to heel really well) and totally minding our business
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2009, 11:50 AM
It sounds like you and Harvey did brillantly, not a great person to run into but they are not rare so at least you and Harvey passed the unwanted test
Enjoy that cuppa
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-10-2009, 12:16 PM
You and Harvey did well. Maybe he was just embarrassed that he couldn't get his two to behave so well.