Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

21-09-2007, 02:26 PM

Goodbye Virgin Media!!

I'm sure I'm not the first to say it, but after months of utterly stupendous broadband speeds (which didn't get any better by complaining!) I cancelled and asked for my MAC code (which is what you need to transfer).

Surprise surprise 24 hours later and the speeds improve, a little. Now it looks like we have a 2MB connection instead of dial-up! (Actually it's gone crap again today!)

Anyway onto pastures new, signed up with SKY after they said they could get speeds from 8mb to 16mb in this area!

Also got a digibox + as well and their phone package. Total cost per month £32 + BT line rental. It works out at about £15 per month more than the current bill - but of course you get Sky TV with two mixes. They said they'll send a wireless router too.

I hope their service is a bit better!

Btw, if anyone's thinking of getting SKY let me know as if you say a friend sent you we both get £30 of M&S vouchers (they do lovely peri peri chicken! ).
I-mac77
Almost a Veteran
Male 

21-09-2007, 02:54 PM
Hi,

Let me know how it goes as a friend of mine has it and it's a terrible but I think it is the phone line rather than the SKy part
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-09-2007, 12:00 PM
I'm changing to sky as well just waiting for all the stuff to arrive get faster connection with sky and cheaper.

Goodbye BT
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2007, 12:08 PM
We are thinking of changing to Sky Broadband,after our current contract runs out with BT,so I will be interested to hear how you guys get on with it.

We currently have Sky TV but have BT Phone & broadband,Can't remember how much longer we've got left on the current contract
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-09-2007, 12:16 PM
I switched to Sky from cable about 6 months ago Azz (only for tv) cause of the Sky one fiasco.In the 8 years i had cable-i didnt have any grumbles with them and when my original digi box packed up-they came and installed a new one within 2 days.

My Sky tv though is sometimes not great.Very often it freezes,splutters and i'll get a blue screen saying 'no sattelite signal at present'.When i got a film on box office recently,i was supposed to have it to view as many times as i liked for 7 days,but it was deleted from my hard drive the next day (i have Sky+).

I kept my broadband with Virgin cause if i switched-it would mean me having a BT line in my house and hell would have to freeze over before that happened.Even the Sky engineer said he uses Virgin for broadband cause reliablilty isnt good with Sky.

Just remember Azz-all that glitters sometimes isnt gold.
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2007, 12:23 PM
What's peri peri chicken?
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2007, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by Deccy View Post
What's peri peri chicken?
lol
I was going to ask that but didn't want to look stupid
Azz
Administrator
Male 

22-09-2007, 12:33 PM
Peri peri chicken is Nandos(.com) style chicken.. yum!

Will let you know how I get on Sal + I-mac77, and look forward to Leo's comments too!

Steve - Virgin cable service is fine and dandy, but their service via bt has gone totally crud - as bad as dial-up!! Been complaining for months, but it's obvious they cap speeds because at first after midnight (on the dot!) it got faster and now you have to wait till gone 3am or so.

Sky BB was actually getting some good feedback, so will see how it goes, hopefully it isn't too bad!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2007, 12:34 PM
we are sky broadband the best thing we ever did was change over we used to have the £27.99 package with BT but now pay a fiver as we already have sky

i think its broken down like this
£37 package plus sports
£10 HD
£10 multi-room
£5 broadband

£63 a month

happy days
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2007, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Btw, if anyone's thinking of getting SKY let me know as if you say a friend sent you we both get £30 of M&S vouchers (they do lovely peri peri chicken! ).
you need the account number and full address of the person who signs up and its now gone up to £50 of M&s in our area - i got it when my mum signed up and my friend ahas recntly signed up too so £50 worth of M&s vouchers soon winging their way to me.

I think there service is fine - never had any issues with it and the router is pretty good

d x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >