View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 11:25 PM
For me being a Jock , we use the expression 'if i kin ' I do a lot presentations for my job and OH said when you say 'if I kin' listen to it carefully because it sounds very rude , leave that one with you the Jocks will get it !
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 06:27 AM
Works the same with kids... I used to teach at a rather posh private school and they only listened to a telling off if it was delivered in quite an upper class accent. By the time they'd got really really out of line I was starting to sound like the Queen!
mad4jacks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-01-2011, 08:01 AM
Originally Posted by astle9 View Post
no-one understands Brummies, we Black Country folk live next door and we are at a loss with them.
See i suggle to understand black country????????????
I have step daughters that live your way and i find it hard to understand them.
Saying that thoe my dogs dont.......................
astle9
Dogsey Senior
Male 

28-01-2011, 10:10 AM
i am Black Country born and bred and i have spent a great deal of time repeating myself lol.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 10:58 AM
I'm from yorkshire - I get called a "dee dar" by the airsofting folk up here in notts and I get called "One of those" by my friends back in sheffield

my accent withers a bit but when I'm drunk or really excited - the yorkshire accent comes out proper bad

I taught a dog sit and stay in german once - can't remember it now but she was GSD x so it fitted well
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 11:16 AM
Being Scottish is a real pain when you are dealing with voice recognition...... voice recognition does not do Scottish accents or a scottish accent doing English or American impression
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
Being Scottish is a real pain when you are dealing with voice recognition...... voice recognition does not do Scottish accents or a scottish accent doing English or American impression
Oh god - my husband's got a very strong Geordie accent still, and we had that Brain Training game for the DS where you have to say the colour word rather than the colour font it's displayed in... he was getting sooooooo cross with it not recognising his accent!
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
Oh god - my husband's got a very strong Geordie accent still, and we had that Brain Training game for the DS where you have to say the colour word rather than the colour font it's displayed in... he was getting sooooooo cross with it not recognising his accent!
I feel his pain
mad4jacks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I'm from yorkshire - I get called a "dee dar" by the airsofting folk up here in notts and I get called "One of those" by my friends back in sheffield

my accent withers a bit but when I'm drunk or really excited - the yorkshire accent comes out proper bad

I taught a dog sit and stay in german once - can't remember it now but she was GSD x so it fitted well
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Imfrom nottingham but because ive moved around the country when i was younger my accent is very mixed!!!!!!
My nana (because i live in Brum now) always laughs at me and says she doesnt like the i sound!!!!(teasing me).
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 01:32 PM
The other day my bf told me I sounded Liverpudlian... I have never live in Liverpool!! Quite often say things with a Somerset acccent, again never live there! LOL

London/Middlesex is where I have lived most of my life (Aside of America and Canada)
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >