Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-12-2008, 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
Would you like to adopt a old dog from Romania? We have old dogs and here they have no chance to be adopted....the true is that here not even the puppies have no chance
Hi Cristina , I am afraid the dog's homes and rescues in this country are full to bursting , the problem of unwanted dogs here has been made worse by the economic recession. Only last week Birmingham dogs home was appealing for help to re home dogs know the situation would get even worse around Christmas .

So you see we also have a big problem with homeless dogs in this country too, the cost of importing a dog from abroad is high and the money used would probably help more than one dog here.

Up to 15 stray dogs are being handed in to Birmingham Dogs Home every day.

The charity said in 2007 it typically received six dogs a day and put the increase in strays down to owners possibly having less money this year.

It homes dogs from Birmingham, Coventry and Solihull, as well as the Redditch and Bromsgrove areas in Worcestershire.

At the current rate the charity said it would soon reach capacity, and was already turning away owners who asked it to take over their dog's care.

Donations needed

A spokeswoman for the charity said: "We have never had to put any of the dogs down, unless they had health issues or were extremely aggressive, but I don't know what we are going to do if it carries on at this rate.

"We rely on charity and donations of food and blankets and we'd ask that families who want a dog consider if they have the time and the funds to re-home some of ours."

The charity, based in New Bartholemew Road, Digbeth, said it was currently caring for 118 dogs.

BBC news http://74.125.77.132/search?q=cache:...lnk&cd=1&gl=uk
CandyKooKoo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-12-2008, 07:37 AM
Being a foster carer here in Cyprus I would just like to say that if anyone is thinking about it, give it a try, as it is so rewarding. I did a diary on another forum (Cyprus related) and let people know what sort of things I was experiencing with my first foster dog, although must admit she was excellent and she is now in her forever home in Germany. It was brilliant that I actually got photos of her with her new mum, brother/sister and know that she is in the right place now even though I had to have a cry when she left.

Expecting soon another foster dog as I don't think we will have enough foster carers once the holiday period is over. The reward at the end is just great knowing that you have helped some poor little dog adjust to be able to be rehomed permanently.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2