View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
littlelab
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2008, 06:48 PM

A plea from the Bottom of my heart, please please read...

I am the rescue co ordinator on another breed forum, and I have posted this there too, I am asking people to reach into the bottom of their hearts and read..

Well, its started and its only going to get busier.

The Pounds are bursting with unwanted dogs, many dumped to make room for the 'new puppy' who will more than likely end up being another statistic in the New Year.

Rescues are getting calls from people asking them to take their dogs, some are sincere cases such as people being evicted, however, sadly some of the excuses are;

(and yes these are real)

'I have just redecorated and my dog doesn't match the decor'
'I have family coming over for Christmas and there is not enough room with the dog as well'
'He/she is too old and I can't be bothered with the mess'

How anyone can give up their dogs for these pathetic excuses is just beyond me

As well as this the Puppy farms are getting rid of 'old stock' to make way for new!!!!

With the Pounds full, the rescues full, and kennels unwilling or unable to offer rescue spaces for their dogs due to it being a busy time of year for them, more and more foster homes are required.

Sadly if these can't be found dogs will inevitably be destroyed.

So at Christmas, I ask each and everyone of you reading this to not turn you back, I know that being a foster home isn't for everyone, but there are other ways you can help.

1. Spread the message, 'Dogs are for Life, not just for Christmas'

2. Support the online auctions, all the money we can raise will help the rescues save more dogs from being Destroyed. So many resues are currenly needing funds

3. Volunteer a little time at your local shelter.

4. Root out old leads and collars and send them to your local dog rescue.

5. Blankets, Food, Toys are always welcome by many of the rescues for dogs in kennels.

6. Spay and Neuter ALL your pets, there are far too many unwanted litters every year.

Please, don't turn your back, A dogs life may depend on it.

THANK YOU xx

Christmas Returns
Santa comes quietly long before dawn
While shops are still busy and lights are still on
While dinners are cooking and kitchens are warm
And children count presents they'll open by morn.

He slips past the trees in windows aglow
Through the gate to the backyard
As icy winds blow
To find the pup he brought last year
Chained up in the snow
And, kneeling, he whispers,
"Are you ready to go?"

There are too many stops like this one tonight
Before the beginning of his regular flight
He leaves not a note or footprint in sight
Just an unbuckled collar
On a cold Christmas night......

Author Unknown
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2008, 07:04 PM
Some very poor excuses there! I will be fostering when Rio is all growed up, but until then I may volunteer at a rescue. That's a good idea.
Cristina
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-12-2008, 08:09 PM
I am in the same position like you....we have a shelter with stray animals in Romania and i understand exactly how you fell
littlelab
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2008, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
I am in the same position like you....we have a shelter with stray animals in Romania and i understand exactly how you fell

My friend Chrissy has just started a rescue to help Romanian Street dogs and bring them over her to the Uk for rehoming.

This is her website www.romaniaanimalaid.co.uk , may very well be worth you contacting her
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2008, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by littlelab View Post
I am the rescue co ordinator on another breed forum, and I have posted this there too, I am asking people to reach into the bottom of their hearts and read..

Well, its started and its only going to get busier.

The Pounds are bursting with unwanted dogs, many dumped to make room for the 'new puppy' who will more than likely end up being another statistic in the New Year.

Rescues are getting calls from people asking them to take their dogs, some are sincere cases such as people being evicted, however, sadly some of the excuses are;

(and yes these are real)

'I have just redecorated and my dog doesn't match the decor'
'I have family coming over for Christmas and there is not enough room with the dog as well'
'He/she is too old and I can't be bothered with the mess'

How anyone can give up their dogs for these pathetic excuses is just beyond me

As well as this the Puppy farms are getting rid of 'old stock' to make way for new!!!!

With the Pounds full, the rescues full, and kennels unwilling or unable to offer rescue spaces for their dogs due to it being a busy time of year for them, more and more foster homes are required.

Sadly if these can't be found dogs will inevitably be destroyed.

So at Christmas, I ask each and everyone of you reading this to not turn you back, I know that being a foster home isn't for everyone, but there are other ways you can help.

1. Spread the message, 'Dogs are for Life, not just for Christmas'

2. Support the online auctions, all the money we can raise will help the rescues save more dogs from being Destroyed. So many resues are currenly needing funds

3. Volunteer a little time at your local shelter.

4. Root out old leads and collars and send them to your local dog rescue.

5. Blankets, Food, Toys are always welcome by many of the rescues for dogs in kennels.

6. Spay and Neuter ALL your pets, there are far too many unwanted litters every year.

Please, don't turn your back, A dogs life may depend on it.

THANK YOU xx

Christmas Returns
Santa comes quietly long before dawn
While shops are still busy and lights are still on
While dinners are cooking and kitchens are warm
And children count presents they'll open by morn.

He slips past the trees in windows aglow
Through the gate to the backyard
As icy winds blow
To find the pup he brought last year
Chained up in the snow
And, kneeling, he whispers,
"Are you ready to go?"

There are too many stops like this one tonight
Before the beginning of his regular flight
He leaves not a note or footprint in sight
Just an unbuckled collar
On a cold Christmas night......

Author Unknown
Have to say hun, I have said many many times on here alone....anyone that we can foster or help we are willing to do so....however we do Foster a child and have three BC's, and 5 cats....the cats seem to bring a problem, as so many have said to me....well we have dogs, but they can not live with cats. I am sure that there are dogs out there...oldies....who wouldn't mind sharing this home with cats. My cats wouldn't bother about them thats for sure. So if there is a oldie, who wants a fioster home with 3 BC's, 5 cats and a 10 year old....here we are.
Cristina
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-12-2008, 07:08 AM
[QUOTE=youngstevie;1554229]Have to say hun, I have said many many times on here alone....anyone that we can foster or help we are willing to do so....however we do Foster a child and have three BC's, and 5 cats....the cats seem to bring a problem, as so many have said to me....well we have dogs, but they can not live with cats. I am sure that there are dogs out there...oldies....who wouldn't mind sharing this home with cats. My cats wouldn't bother about them thats for sure. So if there is a oldie, who wants a fioster home with 3 BC's, 5 cats and a 10 year old....here we are.[/QUOT

Would you like to adopt a old dog from Romania? We have old dogs and here they have no chance to be adopted....the true is that here not even the puppies have no chance
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 07:30 AM
[QUOTE=Cristina;1554474]
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Have to say hun, I have said many many times on here alone....anyone that we can foster or help we are willing to do so....however we do Foster a child and have three BC's, and 5 cats....the cats seem to bring a problem, as so many have said to me....well we have dogs, but they can not live with cats. I am sure that there are dogs out there...oldies....who wouldn't mind sharing this home with cats. My cats wouldn't bother about them thats for sure. So if there is a oldie, who wants a fioster home with 3 BC's, 5 cats and a 10 year old....here we are.[/QUOT

Would you like to adopt a old dog from Romania? We have old dogs and here they have no chance to be adopted....the true is that here not even the puppies have no chance

Out of interst...wher are these dogs, have they already come over from Romania or what.

I wish I could adopt one forever, but my hubby thinks as a permenent feature we have enough...which i suppose we have taking into consideration all the money spent on them/vets fee's etc.,
But he has said that he would let me Foster as long as vet fee's could be met by the rescue people.

And so I would foster ....for however long they wanted.
Cristina
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-12-2008, 07:37 AM
sorry...my english is not so good...so the word foster i didnt understand and thats why i ask you if you would like to adopt ...the dogs are in Romania, in our shelter...but were before people from Germany who adopt and from France so is possible
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
sorry...my english is not so good...so the word foster i didnt understand and thats why i ask you if you would like to adopt ...the dogs are in Romania, in our shelter...but were before people from Germany who adopt and from France so is possible
I see, well adopt here means, to take on permanent.
Foster is to provide a home until thte permenent home is ready.

I think (unfortunately) the cost of bringing a dog in from another country with quarantine expenses, would be out of our reach....all be it that I would love to do it.

But I am sure there are those that would be able to pay these expenses, and would willingly give them a home ......I have my fingers XXXXX for them
Cristina
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-12-2008, 07:54 AM
yes...just spread the world please
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >