View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-11-2007, 02:18 PM
[QUOTE=inkliveeva;1179883]What do they look like Phil ?
QUOTE]

They can vary a bit in colour and shape but they are a heavy mastiff type dog. Seen a few in Teneriffe (They 'originate' from the Canary Islands)

Here's a description

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presa_Canario

Hang on I'll find you a pic.....

Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2007, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the pic- WOW thats a dog and a half Handsome .

Cath
Aaron
New Member!
Male 

19-12-2007, 04:38 PM
I hope you find/have found a new home for you girl, I couldnt ever imagine having to part with my Presa girl They are a wondeful breed for the right master. They are natrually very hardy dogs well suited to a kennel if bought up that way, my girl is kept in the house though and she is just as well suited, she was a bit destructive as a pup but with a little logical thinking and simple training its was easy to channel her attention to other activities. She still prefers to lay in the garden of her own free will, she loves to listen and watch the fence, the Presa is a natrual protector, although originally bred to hunt, the protection traits have been brought out, namely in the more commonly seen Barnacan Bull Lines. Esa is from Curto Lines, bred to hunt many years ago but nowdays domesticated, the Presa remains a lovng guardian. My garden backs onto a school, when the school is closed theres often a few trouble makers that have jumped into the school grounds and are raising havoc in the trees that hang from the school into the back end of my garden, Esa loves to lay and watch for anyone that wants to drop into the garden and try take her football on the opposite end of her character, i will always catch her under the bed cover during her mid afternoon nap sessions. She is like having a state of the art security system installed within a cuddly teddy bear the Presa Canario is a real character and I love em to bits !!!

Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2007, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
the Presa Canario is a real character and I love em to bits !!!

i can see why she is gorgeous !!!
Poppet
New Member!
Female 

06-01-2008, 08:46 AM
Two would be twice as good then
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2008, 08:52 AM
contact the dogs trust even if they cant take her right away they will be able to put her on the waiting list and maybe try and rehome her from your house??
good luck
ATD xxx
mystus
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-01-2008, 06:30 AM
this lady might be able to help
http://canecorsoandmolosserrescue.com/
ravko
New Member!
Female 

23-12-2008, 05:21 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about this, I would be just devastated if I had to get rid of my Presa's...My male is 14 months old and my female is 11 months old, both have their own personalities and are just great to be around...Both my dogs are indoor dogs and love hanging out with us...I know you'll find the best possible home for your loving friend...

Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2008, 05:24 PM
The thread is over a year old Ravko. Two lovely dogs you have there.
becks1983
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-01-2009, 05:47 PM
Hi there,
please do contact this rescue, they will take great care finding a forever home for your dog!
http://canecorsoukmolosserrescue.com/need.html
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2