Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-02-2009, 09:30 AM

Swollen Glands

My 12 year old dog as swollen glands in his neck and his back end, the vet is doing a blood test for lymphoma, results will be back today, has anybody else been through this situation and is there any treatment successfull for it.
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2009, 11:17 AM
Hi Kobebear,
Hope the results turn out ok and it is not Lymphoma.I have just been through this with my boy.
If unfortunately it is, you are more than welcome to PM me.There is a lot to take in and it really does help to talk it through with others that have been in the same situation.I never took in all the information the vet gave me at the time as i was in shock at the diagnosis but i spoke to a few people that had gone through it with their dogs and it really helped me to understand everything the vet said and what our options were,I didnt feel quite so alone.
Hope everything turns out ok x
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-02-2009, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by tink View Post
Hi Kobebear,
Hope the results turn out ok and it is not Lymphoma.I have just been through this with my boy.
If unfortunately it is, you are more than welcome to PM me.There is a lot to take in and it really does help to talk it through with others that have been in the same situation.I never took in all the information the vet gave me at the time as i was in shock at the diagnosis but i spoke to a few people that had gone through it with their dogs and it really helped me to understand everything the vet said and what our options were,I didnt feel quite so alone.
Hope everything turns out ok x
Thanks for your message i should get the results late afternoon and will be in touch with the results.
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2009, 02:57 PM
Hi Kobebear,
Was thinking about you and wondered how things went at the vet,hope all is ok x
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-02-2009, 01:53 PM
The blood test on Charlies lymph node are not cancerous whichis good new but his red blood cells have declined and he has lost 6kg in 4 weeks. tomorrow he is going for an ultrasound to see whats happening in his tummy.