Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2006, 02:41 PM

My nerves are jangling

Hi all, I've missed the morning thread and everything today because Bongo decided to liven up our Saturday morning considerably

OH took her down to the beach this morning so I could have a lie in, but I couldn't sleep, so I got up when I heard them come back. Bongo was being a bit funny with me touching her head, so I asked Chris if anything had happened. Turns out she'd eating a big strip of seaweed and then a load of sand , and her stomach was blowing up like a balloon. So we took her down to the emergency vet (even though ours were supposed to be open, the phone was cutting straight to the recorded message ) where we paid £34 to have her checked over and given an emetic. I was actually quite pleased that she pooed all over the vet, because I at least felt that they'd earned their fee

Fortunately she's a lot chirpier now, and I'm glad we went to the vets, even if I was being a bit neurotic. I'm sure I'd have been having nightmares about her dying in her sleep

She's at our usual vets on Wednesday anyway, being microchipped, so I think I'll have words with them about switching the phones on at the right times...
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2006, 05:19 PM
Aww bless her,glad she is okay now though
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2006, 05:39 PM
Oh I don't blame you reacting like that I'll bet it was scary. Hope she's feeling better now poor little mite
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2006, 07:24 PM
Poor bongo, hope she's better now!
Also norty Bongo..eating sand and seaweed!!!!
Pups huh????? Why would eating snad be attractive????
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2006, 07:38 PM
Awww...bless, glad she's better now
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2006, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the replies I'm very glad to report that after a good sleep and some plain yoghurt, Bongo is back to her usual puppy-madness.

We've even invented a new game called "Hunt the Sardine." As I'm sure you can imagine, it goes along the lines of: Chris hangs onto Bongo while I go and hide a sardine somewhere in the garden. Chris lets go of Bongo and she "hunts the sardine"

So much for "don't play with your food!"
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2006, 09:37 AM
awh bless her - and well done on pooing on the vet! Hope she's feeling better soon and doesn't feel the urge to eat more seaweed!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2006, 01:55 PM
Glad to hear Bongo is okay now, it is always a worry when you think they are poorly!
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

06-08-2006, 03:37 PM
Glad to hear she is feeling better they do give you a scare sometimes.