Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Koda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-11-2008, 12:15 PM

Diarhhea/Loss of appetite? Help Please

Hi all a few days ago i wormed koda as he was due
well we wormed him, he vomited about a day later but i know this can be due to the wormer. anyway he hasnt been acting any different hes still very playful etc....his poo after a day started getting much more solid, it stayed that way for about a day but now in the last day his poos gone basically liquid, very dark some of the time with blood in again - he has also not been wanting his food all that much-his dry food i mean-he'll take your hand off for a piece of meat so i dont know?
he isnt acting ill or complaining/crying in any way so what do you think it could be? i am going to monitor for a while then if things get worse i will see the vet.....but any help greatly appreciated. his diet hasnt been changed either just thought id mention.

tiff xx
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Personally any blood where it shouldn't be and I would pop along to the vet just to be sure.
tonifletcher
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-11-2008, 01:25 PM
i am going through the same thing with my 4yr old rottie we have concerns it could be the deadly parvo fingers crossed its not as it norm affects puppys an older dogs! my rottie has not been eating his dry diet i gave him some boiled rice with a lil bit of dog meat and he ate that today so im hoping it will harden his poo! he has been the vets as he had blood and very watery poos u need to get ur dog in for tests to be on the safe side no harm in being safe!
it could just be a stomach bug as thats what were hoping for are boy keep away diary products as it makes stomach prolems worse xxxx
Ziva
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-11-2008, 05:02 PM
Hi, I usually hate it when I'm referred to another thread, however I hope you don't mind in this case as this thread is very similar and there's loads of info on it.

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=96194
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2008, 05:29 PM
Make sure Koda is getting fluids in, and don't starve a puppy he needs all the goodness he can get even if he has the runs...take him to the vet about the blood, that shouldn't be there x
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-11-2008, 02:19 PM
blood in the poo!? get to the vet NOW.dont mean to be so blunt, if it was you ???????
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2008, 02:47 PM
How is the wee guy x
Koda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-11-2008, 03:00 PM
Much better, no more blood, did have some worms in poo, poo is more solid now xx
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-11-2008, 05:12 PM
sorry for being blunt and i apalugise...i lost a pup once after a deworming,blood in poo i never got over the fact that i was tring to do good for the pup..it scared me when i saw your post....respectfully ...phil glade to see all is fine