JacekPacek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-07-2008, 09:15 AM

sojos dog food

Hello!

Did anyone came across this food yet?
sojos

by reading about it, i think its great way of feeding a dog, i only have second toughts on feeding them raw meat, i would rather feed them cooked meat with this sojos food.

anyone tried it?

thx for your answers!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2008, 10:04 AM
Hi It's a new one to me, and I tried to google quickly to see if it is available here in the uk - still looking
JacekPacek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-07-2008, 10:09 AM
let me know if you find that it is plese
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2008, 10:19 AM
Will do
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2008, 10:33 AM
Honestly?
Well, you probably know I raw feed my two. (Honestly, you have no need to worry about raw meat, bone and organ. Dogs are well able to cope with it; it's what they are built for! )

My thoughts on the food range you mention is that there's nothing of any real benefit for dogs in it.
JacekPacek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-07-2008, 10:57 AM
i was hoping you will come by
dont you add any vegs to dogs menu?
or why is that food not good for them.

i have read plenty of rewievs and researches about raw, but i have doubts about it. i dont know if i can believe them saying that dogs can cope with bones, when i have seen (i work in small animal practice) that they cant.
i have experienced dogs being affected by salmonella and e.colli and i dont believe the fact that dogs dont need any veg.

but then again, i know you have done plenty of research too, and you trust it.

raw seems healthy and it seems logical but... i am just not sure.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by JacekPacek View Post
i was hoping you will come by
dont you add any vegs to dogs menu?
or why is that food not good for them.

i have read plenty of rewievs and researches about raw, but i have doubts about it. i dont know if i can believe them saying that dogs can cope with bones, when i have seen (i work in small animal practice) that they cant.
i have experienced dogs being affected by salmonella and e.colli and i dont believe the fact that dogs dont need any veg.

but then again, i know you have done plenty of research too, and you trust it.

raw seems healthy and it seems logical but... i am just not sure.
At the end of the day, it's up to you to choose what works for you and your dog. Personally, from all I have read into it, raw is the way to go for us. There are so many different ways of feeding raw though, so even when someone decides to go raw they still have alot of choices to make.

I don't add veg to my dogs diet. They occasionally get table scraps, which sometimes contain veg. But we don't often have leftovers on our plates; it's a treat added to their bowls maybe once a week, sometimes more, sometimes less.

Everything a dog needs nutritionally is in raw meat, bones and organs. Healthy dogs don't need anything else if fed these in correct proportions. The Rolled Oats, Rye Flakes, Barley Flakes, Ground Pecans etc in the Sojo food is irrelevent if you are feeding the meat, bones and organs. And I doubt if the dog would gain much, if any benefit from eating those sorts of things.

Think about it, dogs digestive systems are designed beginning to end for digesting prey. They usually shake out stomach contents, and any that is eaten would be grasses and a few herbs, not the list of veg that some people choose to add.

There are thousands of dogs being raw fed across the world and doing wonderfully from it. Yes, we have to be careful and educated as to what kinds of bones etc we are feeding; no huge "wreck" bones for hard chewers, no small chicken wings for large gulpers. Dogs have also been known to choke on kibble, toys and such as well. I believe the benifits far outway the risks if a raw diet is correctly fed.

As for salmonella and e.colli, there have been outbreaks of food poisoning in America that have been traced back to dogs fed commercial feeds, as well as the recalls for pet food over there because of contamination.

Dogs stomach acid is much stronger than ours and able to cope with raw foods. So long as the people handling the meat practice good standards of hygiene in the kitchen (as we would handling meat to be used for our own food), there should be no problem.

I also feel that with some vets, when they know an animal is raw fed they may be quick to blame that for problems and thus miss finding out the true cause.

If you are interested in reading more have a look on here;
http://www.rawfed.com/myths/

I hope this isn't coming across as shoving raw feeding down your throat (or your dogs, ha ha!). I'm just trying to answer your questions. As I say, what works for you and your dog is what you should feed, and that's a choice only you can make.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2008, 11:33 PM
Good luck Evie with whatever you decide I didn't find a uk supplier, however I suspect it is branded differently ?