Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2014, 05:47 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread- Tuesday

Good morning Dogsey Peeps

Up early after a good night's sleep, I'm sure those birds wake me up at silly o'clock in the morning, but it's nice to make an early start.

Today I'm painting the big basket on the front of the house, and it'll probably take me longer masking it up against the white of the house than it will to paint it, but if I don't do it, i'll have black splodges all over the white walls, and it won't look good. Then I'm going to give the terrace another coat of sealant with the squeazy mop, so I'm pretty tied up outside today, so won't be around on here.

Lynn, I hope Dillon slept through for you and didn't make you go outside at silly hour in your dressing gown.

Jenny, hope little Flash is ok today, and good luck with yet another journey to sort out o/h's van.

Talking of which, Dave found a nice little workshop down in the town, and he finally got to ring the guys in the workshop next door to find out who to contact about renting the one next door which is currently empty. Turns out the owner died 2 weeks ago, which could mean it'll all get sold on, but hopefully, the owner's widow will get back to him and he can go and view it and hopefully rent it. That won't be for a while yet but it's another iron in the fire for Dave.

At least I've woken up relatively normal this morning unlike yesterday

Hope everyone else is good today along with the doglets and I might be around this evening. Enjoy your day everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-04-2014, 05:48 AM
Morning everyone. That was better Dillon managed to sleep till nearly 6.30 this morning and no restlessness during the night. He is now outside on the patio.
I have stripped the bed and the bedding in the wash. Another day like yesterday for me washing and housework.

Bev hope your feeling better today. What's happening with work ?
All other poorly peeps hoping you feel better soon and any poorly doglets too.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2014, 06:13 AM
Morning Helena, Lynn and all who follow,

Another early start for me Flash is fine and we all went back to sleep for an hour which was lovely.

Today I have got to get on with some jobs. I'll walk the dogs early around 8 and then go to the shops as its my youngest birthday tomorrow and I need a few last minute things.

Other than that it will be housework!!!! I am so behind now having had a day off yesterday

Helena Good luck with the painting. I really enjoy painting, it is the prep that is so tedious
Lynn I bet you were so relieved when you woke up for Dillon and it was 6.30

I hope Mandy and Bev are well and truly on the mend now.

See you all later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-04-2014, 06:37 AM
Morning Helena and Jenny.

Helena fingers crossed for the workshop for Dave.
Morning Jenny don't over do the housework.
Elaine hows the eye today ?

Just been listening to the news about the teacher that was stabbed to death yesterday in a classroom by a 15 year old so sad. So many lives affected.
Then all those poor families in America dealing with the tornado's.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2014, 07:34 AM
morning all.

Lynn that teacher being stabbed really shocked me more than these things usually do, i believe she was in her 60s, which in a weird way makes it worse.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2014, 07:41 AM
Morning H and all,

Firstly I would like to ask you to keep your fingers crossed for Charly today. She is going for an interview at a school for part time work in the office at 10am. Its perfect hours for her so I hope she does as well as at the last interview where she got offered the job, but couldn't take it as it was full time.
Then this afternoon she is at the hospital to see the gynecologist as she is still getting a lot of pain going on from her op a few months ago on her endometriosis.

I have only just got up I slept till just before 5am and then got up and made a coffee, went back to bed and dozed off again. I could get used to being a lady of leisure. If I felt 100% I would be loving it, life could be so relaxed.

I am improving just feel very achey and my body feels like it is made of lead and tired. That could be the virus or it could be coupled with my Fibromyalgia which is flaring up because of the virus. I just hope that doesn't flare up big time as virus's are not good news with that.
I am signed off work for this week, so using it to rest. I will have to go back next week though as my poor boss is running herself ragged trying to cover me so I need to get right asap. Its a week today I went down with it so hopefully it won't be for much longer.

I finally have food coming to my house today in the form of a Tesco delivery. I booked it to be delivered between 11 and 12 this morning and thats what it said on the email too. then I got a text saying between 4 and 5 this afternoon, so its anybodies guess
I also have a carpenter coming out this afternoon to measure up for a windowsil as one of mine in the living room is crumbling away close to the window. He will then come back tomorrow and put on the new one.

Mandy I hope you are feeling much better today.

Jenny I am glad Flash is back to himself and fine this morning.

Lynn I am pleased Dillon let you rest in a bit this morning.

H good luck with the painting. I am the most useless painter and so hate that job.

Have a good day everyone, we have had some rain I think but hopefully it will brighten up soon.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-04-2014, 07:55 AM
Morning Emm so sad isn't it she had worked there 40 years so must of gone in as a newly qualified teacher and so near to retirement now. Sadly that has been taken from her.
Goodness knows what went on for that boy if he did stab her it seems she was popular with the majority of the pupils.
Morning Bev glad you have this week off too hopefully the resting will help this virus on its way. Fingers crossed and positive vibes for Charly.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2014, 07:56 AM
Morning all.
Hi Helena we get woken each day by squawking seagulls! Hope things go well with the workshop for Dave.
Morning Lynn, an early start with your washing
Jenny good to hear that Flash is ok today.
Morning Emma, that stabbing has really upset me too. I cannot imagine a 15 year old stabbing anyone. Whatever is going wrong with this world?
Bev, everything I can cross is crossed for Charly today, hope it all goes well for her. You were certainly hit hard with that virus. I think the thing now is not to go mad just because you are feeling better. The last thing you want is a relapse.
I hope everyone else is well and happy.
I've just been to the paper shop and met the young man opposite. He insists that he is going to come and power wash my drive. He is worried that I might slip on it That will be one less thing for Brian to worry about.
I'm going to get some more compost later, might end up in the coffee shop
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2014, 07:58 AM
Morning everyone.

Overcast and dull here hoping the sun breaks though as I HAVE to get into the garden I am itching to, I have decided the hanging and wall baskets will be geraniums this year - I am recreating the Med in Birmingham now I just need the weather to play ball and get on board with my plan.

My friends 50th birthday is today, there is a surprise party hosted by her daughter and son hope it is still a surprise. She is quite smart and quick on the uptake. And lots of people involved to make a slip up I have avoided this by staying away and only texting...... We have to be there before 7 so just got to decide what to get her now.

Going to attempt to bath Bella today too if the sun breaks through.

That's me done for the moment. See you all a bit later.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2014, 08:14 AM
Morning again all

How good of Dillon to let you have a little lie in this morning Lynn, but don't expect to be able to get on with all your plans today cos I'm sure he'll be trying to help out somehow or other Yes, so, so sad about that poor teacher and so well liked too. I wonder what it was all about

Bev, enjoy this week of leisure and hope you end up fit as a fiddle by the end of it. Good luck for Charly in the job at the school but I thought she wanted to be a solicitor cos she's been training to do that hasn't she? Maybe this is a little part time fill in job for her though.

Jen, oooooh chatting up these yung mennn again there, but you certainly got a result out of this one if he's true to his word. Better get baking and he might want to do it again for you when it needs it

Jenny pleased to hear little Flash is ok today after the episode yesterday. Sorry, I got it wrong I thought you were doing another van run today for o/h. Enjoy shopping around for those last bits for son's birthday tomorrow then.

Enjoy your gardening Kazz and the big party tonight, that should be fun.

Went up the top and by the time I got up there it was thick, thick sea mist, so didn't really enjoy my walk cos I couldn't see much, but by the time I was walking back it was clearing quickly.

The weather is a bit iffy for later, so I've ditched the idea of painting the basket cos it might get rained on later and it's gloss paint, so don't want that. Then I thought about painting the kitchen ceiling, ready for Dave to do his coving in there, but soon ditched that idea too cos.....well, I can't be a*sed really

I rang my plumber to see if the van passed it's gas test yesterday and ended up in a long conversation with him about him buying a van on Beauport. He can't believe the rent I get, cos he has some rented flats and doesn't get half of what I get with a poky little caravan, so he's going to come round and have a good chat about buying one. As long as he doesn't want my help in renting it out, that's fine.

Hi to everyone else who pops in whilst I'm pottering about doing nothing probably
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »