View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-11-2005, 02:32 PM

Millie was scared on bonfire now/ now scared when it gets dusk.

Fireworks have taken their toll on my poor Millie. She always was a little nervy, but since the beginning of November she got gradually worse untill November 5th. Since then she now goes into a shell as soon as it starts to get dusk she lies in a dark corner shaking and won't go out. She has a really haunted expression on her face. patch tries to chivvy her up but she wont move. She wont go out last thing so then she needs to 'go' through the night, but funnily enough, she has no problem going out in the dark in the small hours but won't go in the evening. She is getting a little temperemental through the day and I don't want her temper to break. She is such a little gem.
She has the odd panic attack where she can't breathe properly. The Vet said it is nothing to worry about but I just want the old Millie back. :smt058
Sorry to moan but I love her and don't want her to be so afraid. You know we can plan for Firework Night but it's the weeks before and after that make us so angry. The damage it causes. :smt009
Sorry I have just had to have a good moan, and I think quite a few of Dog Webbers probably feel the same way.
Regards,
AnneXX
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 03:07 PM
indeed we do anne - sorry to hear its had such an effect on millie

bruno is terrible too - i hate the fact that its weeks rather than days he has to suffer for
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 03:10 PM
Breaks your heart to have to watch your fur baby suffer like that doesn't it. Fireworks are bad
Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-11-2005, 03:23 PM
I don't mean to stop the children enjoying bonfire night(I have Grandchildren that love it), but I really feel that it should be just displays. Or be against the law to set off fireworks on any other night except for displays (i.e. Wedding parties etc.). Don't forget it will soon be New Year and a lot of folk now let off fireworks on New Years Eve and then it will go on for a couple of weeks 'again'.
Thank you for your replies and I do know there are a lot of animals (not just dogs) out there, that are feeling bad too. :smt009
Regards,
AnneXXX
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 08:33 PM
diesel went like this a few years ago after bonfire night,i couldn't even get her to go for a walk during the day and when i did i let her off the lead (9am)and she legged it,i found her sat on the doorstep waiting for me i went to the vet and he prescribed clomicalm,they did the trick for my girl.i hope millie gets back to her usual self soon and i really understand,we are still getting fireworks going off at 11pm