Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cowboys518
New Member!
Male 

10-04-2017, 12:35 AM

Dog acting weird after tick treatment

Hi yesterday my broth in law put tick treatment stuff on all the dogs in the house , 5 total , 2 big 3 small dogs , 1 being mine it's a palmaranian shacone mix , ever since then he has been acting weird he started by rolling over everything like he had a itch then started shaking and crying , and it's been going till today the only improvement is he isn't shaking as bad , my girlfriend says it's anxiety cuz we just brang home a baby boy and the dog was like my son befor my real son was born , he goes where I go crys when I leav and waits for me to get home , ever since yesterday he been off he just seems like something is hurting him and he just been acting different instead of following
Me when I call his name he just stares and pants, everyone says I'm crazy that I think something wrong with him from the treatment the people in our house says it's anxiety from me not being around him , the baby been here a week he was great when he came here he does what I say doesn't try to get at the baby can a dog act that's way from anxiety ? I think it is a alergic reaction
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2017, 05:05 PM
I think it could well be an allergic reaction too. The best advice anyone can give is for you to contact a vet to get their expert opinion and, hopefully, some treatment to help your lad get back to normal
Dr. Dennis Thomas
Dogsey Junior
Male 

22-04-2017, 01:03 AM
There is an obvious reaction going on with your dog. I would find out immediately who sold the product to your family member and contact them about what to do in the event of a reaction. If it was a vet, then contact him. If it was at a store, the box will have a phone number in case of a reaction. Please do not use these insecticides on your pets. They can be very harmful for your pet. There are many natural remedies to control fleas and ticks. This months Dog's Naturally magazine has a great article on controlling fleas and ticks and the specifics about those insecticides that are being put on pets. Good luck.