Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2016, 07:44 AM

Daily Thread, Remembrance Sunday, 13th November

Good morning everyone, hope it stays dry for the Remembrance Parades.

Sorry so many of you are suffering with your backs and joints, I am also so lets hope for some drier weather.

The sun is breaking through so that's a good sign.

Mabs is certainly trying to keep Zen out of trouble.

Well better get Amber out before it decides to rain again. Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-11-2016, 08:38 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Hoping all remembrance parades stay dry today.

Nice day here we may take Dillon to shouldham warren in a while. Gorden will be later having another look at what might be possibly blowing the fuse in the house connected to the boiler. Last thing on the list is the old timer which was wired to the new digital on off switch to check for no loose wires or worse burnt wires. Tomorrow ringing electrician to see when he can fit us in to do the necessary checks.
So after it running for 5 hours yesterday it decided to go pop again.

Had a nice day out with our friend but the journey over was horrendous on the A14, A11 then M11. Very poor visibility but the car behaved impeccably and I felt safe and confident on the long arduous journey there and back. 3 hour round trip.

Do hope everyone is well and all our four legged friends and that aches and pains are feeling better today.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2016, 09:18 AM
A very proud day for me today ... every Remembrance Sunday my father would lead the British Legion parade down the high street, into London Road to the Church. There would be a short ceremony beside the War Memorial, then they would all pile into the church. Dad would stand during the Service with all his medals looking amazing, whilst he read out all the names of the fallen. He did this beautifully, slowly, putting marvellous intonation into every name, such that it would reduce me to tears every time. Some of the names were several - the Pepper family lost 4 sons, so it w)who had suffered such loss.

RIP my darling Daddy - he was a great man xx your favourite daughter xx ( his only daughter - this was a joke between us!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2016, 10:01 AM
Aw Gnasher what lovely memories for you.
It is a very poignant day for just about all of us I would think.
I watched the service on TV last night and cried buckets. The very thought of all those young men, boys, in WW1 fighting and dying for their country.
Does anyone know why Corbyn was the only one in the Royal Albert Hall wearing a ceramic poppy and not one made by ex serviceman?
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-11-2016, 10:12 AM

Good morning all

Me late on here as usual. Thought for something a bit different I would post the above taken in China when we were there
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2016, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Aw Gnasher what lovely memories for you.
It is a very poignant day for just about all of us I would think.
I watched the service on TV last night and cried buckets. The very thought of all those young men, boys, in WW1 fighting and dying for their country.
Does anyone know why Corbyn was the only one in the Royal Albert Hall wearing a ceramic poppy and not one made by ex serviceman?
Yes - because he's a twat!!
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2016, 10:28 AM
Good morning everyone

Hope all feeling under the weather are better today.

Pleased the car is now going well Lynn and you feel safe and happy. Also glad you enjoyed your trip out to Essex.

Lovely day here and have put some towels out to hopefully dry. Rain never stopped all day yesterday. Nothing planned but might go for a walk along the front later this afternoon.

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2016, 10:32 AM
Morning all
I have the lurgy....great!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-11-2016, 10:44 AM
You read my thoughts Nikki
Nice dry morning, rain due this evening.
Wonder what Zen has in store for me today at training
Gone a lot warmer here, definitely not as sore this morning either
Griff hoping you are OK, has your dad passed it onto you
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2016, 11:38 AM
No TW....he didn't develop anything, Steve was ill last week but was better when I saw him Tuesday...could have been using the cashpoint, handle on the bus etc....what amazes me is how many people know I am on chemo but will come and cough and sneeze etc and say" I've got a cold" errrr yeah thanks!! It will pass, just keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't go to my chest
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >