Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
KerryGreyhounds
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

03-03-2015, 05:47 PM

Star - 8 year old male Greyhound

Meet 'Star' the 'George Clooney' of greyhounds. If anyone is looking to adopt a handsome boy... be prepared to fall in love with 'Star'. A gorgeous boy with a very distinguished, handsome face with the most dapper eyebrows. He was 8 years young in August and is 29" to the shoulder.

Key Points: Very polite, well behaved, confident, loving, happy, quiet, extremely friendly, affectionate, calm, great on the lead and in the car, 100% clean in the home and will ask to go out, very responsive to basic training and loves his treats, is perfectly happy in his own company and can be left for up to 3.5-4 hours.

~ Personality ~
Star is a lovely, friendly boy who greets you like a 'Mexican Wave' as he shakes from the tip of his nose to the tip of his tail with happiness! He is incredibly endearing and now just needs to find his forever home where he will be loved as much as he deserves to be. He is well behaved and polite but still full of life and fun and will make some lucky family very happy!

~ In the Home ~
Star has been with his lovely foster family since the 1st November and has adapted very quickly to being in a home environment. He responds very well to basic training with treats and had toilet training sorted in record time! His foster Mum says he is an absolute pleasure to have around and he continues to blossom every day.

~ Other Animals ~
Star is currently sharing a home with guinea pigs and gerbils (in a safe environment) and has been very well behaved around them. He prefers to be left alone and really isn't keen on dogs that are too much in his face. Staffie type dogs seem to make him especially worried. He just really wants the quiet life now bless him! Star would ideally live as an only dog and his idea of Heaven would be to simply be loved and adored by his human companions.

~ Out and About ~
Star loves his walks and is currently having two walks of about 45 minutes. He is very well behaved on the lead but can pull momentarily if he sees a cat or rabbit or sometimes noisy excitable small dogs. He is very good in the car.

~ Greyhounds as Pets ~
In general greyhounds are calm, mannerly dogs that are well used to being handled. They can fit very well in to a wide range of different lifestyles and usually adjust to the home life very quickly. Their soft, easy going nature often makes them ideal to live in a family environment, while their love of lazing around and low exercise requirements can make them perfect for the retired. Greyhounds also don’t shed as much as other more popular dog breeds and this can make them suitable to live with allergy sufferers.

~ Where Can I Live? ~

We feel Star would love to live his twilight years with an active but fairly quiet home as an only dog and no cats. He would absolutely relish having all the love and cuddles to himself! Please be aware that we do not home dogs to families with children under 8 years of age.

~ Where Am I? ~
Star is currently living in a foster home in Norfolk. He can be homed anywhere in the UK provided we have a home checker available, but please note that you will be required to travel to Norfolk to meet and collect him.

~ Want To Adopt Me? ~
Star is neutered, vaccinated, microchipped, deflead and wormed and a home check will be required as part of the adoption procedure.

If you are interested in adopting Star, you can contact me (Bronwen) via email: bronwen@kerrygreyhounds.co.uk or you can speak to me directly by phoning: 075 000 62648.

There are application forms for adopting and fostering a Kerry Greyhound, and we will ask you to fill the relevant one in as the first step in the adoption/fostering process. To speed up this process, we recommend you do this before emailing/calling. You can find the forms, as well as further information on our homing & fostering procedures, on either the Adoption Page or Fostering Page.

Thank you.
Bronwen
KGUK Trustee & Homing Officer
KerryGreyhounds
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

29-03-2015, 03:45 PM
Star is sadly still looking for his forever home. This handsome boy is desperately in need of a family to love, please give his above profile a read to see if he’s right for you. It has recently been updated.

If you are interested in adopting Star, please contact me (Bronwen) via email: bronwen@kerrygreyhounds.co.uk, or you can speak to me directly by phoning: 075 000 62648.

There is an application form for adopting a Kerry Greyhound, and we will ask you to fill it in as the first step in the adoption process. To speed up this process, we recommend you do this before emailing/calling. You can find the form, as well as further information on our homing procedures, on the Adoption Page.

Thank you.
Bronwen
KGUK Trustee and Homing Officer
KerryGreyhounds
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

12-06-2015, 11:08 AM
Poor Star is still waiting patiently for his forever home. This handsome boy is desperately in need of a family to love, please give his above profile a read to see if he’s right for you.

If you are interested in adopting Star, please contact me (Bronwen) via email: bronwen@kerrygreyhounds.co.uk, or you can speak to me directly by phoning: 075 000 62648.

There is an application form for adopting a Kerry Greyhound, and we will ask you to fill it in as the first step in the adoption process. To speed up this process, we recommend you do this before emailing/calling. You can find the form, as well as further information on our homing procedures, on the Adoption Page.

Thank you.
Bronwen
KerryGreyhounds
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

03-07-2015, 08:56 AM
Poor Star is still waiting patiently for his forever home. This handsome boy is desperately in need of a family to love, please give his above profile a read to see if he’s right for you.

Thank you.
Bronwen