Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-10-2009, 12:33 PM

Puppy Scared of Puddles

Hi

My 12week old puppy is scared of puddles. He doesn't particularly like going out in the rain or when the floor is wet anyway but if it is a definate 'puddle' he wont go anywhere near it.

When he sees a puddle he backs off and goes as far round as he can. If it is crossing his path or not easily avoided he will just stop dead and refuse to go.

I don't make a fuss about puddles, We just walk as normal. Obviously I don't want him to grow up scared of puddles. Is this something he may grow out of or is there anything I can do?
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2009, 01:16 PM
enjoy it while you can, he is a sprocker isn't he? it'll not be that long before you can't keep him out of them

On a more serious note, he is just a baby and the world is scary in general at the moment, i think you're right not to make a fuss, and he will soon come round.

PS i have a springer who won't go in the garden if its raining, but if i get her lead out its a different matter
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2009, 02:49 PM
I don't think you have anything to worry about, I've got a 14 month of Springer Cocker X, and she wasn't overly keen on puddles when she was little! Now, I can't keep her out of any water!!

I started giving her baths and letting her take her toy in with her, and her love of water grew through that.

I'm sure it is something he will grow out of, he is a spaniel after all!!

x