Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-09-2012, 11:35 AM
Wishing you both all the best xxx
shineyhound
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-09-2012, 11:54 AM
Thank you.. really have no idea when she'll be home now, almost thinking perhaps we didn't do the right thing.. time will tell I guess. I was about to warn them that if she's beginning to feel better that they might find she's a very quick thinker and can be incredibly devious... but she's obviously not better enough to be herself as yet. No bag or bin is safe and if they're not prepared they could easily be side swiped into the pond in the exercise paddock, under normal circumstances.
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2012, 12:08 PM
Everything crossed for you and your pooch xxx
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-09-2012, 06:37 AM
Only just read this... sending positive vibes and fingers and paws crossed xx
shineyhound
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-09-2012, 03:37 PM
The vet called to say he's been waiting to liaise with the surgeons for much of the day but they've ha some particularly long cases in, so that has yet to happen. He's concerned that the wound is gaping a little in the middle due to pressure on it, and so would like to talk to them before committting to when she might be ready to come home, expecting them to want to put some more sutures in there - in which case it would be another 48 hours. Sooo miss her, but glad she's otherwise settled and doing well.
shineyhound
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-09-2012, 10:09 AM
Cidders update: Further to last night, the surgeon has just called and said that because closing the wound completely would have lead to too much tension on the skin, they've stitched the skin to the under-laying tissues, and there is a triangular area of about the size of a 50p coin exposed. This should heal over to form scar tissue and they are happy that its looking good at the moment, but because so much of her muscle was removed to get the tumours out, the underlying tissue is a little compromised, and so they would rather keep her in for a couple more days 'just to make sure'. He said Jon mentioned about us seeing Cin, and I so desperately want to but I said I really would not want to do this if it would upset her and make her think she might be coming home when she would not be. The surgeon agreed. He told me not to worry at all that she might be feeling depressed or lonely, she's got a lovely soft bed and she's getting a lot of attention from different people - Cindy's idea of heaven really! - so she is quite fine. They will continue to update us on her progress and fingers crossed we can bring her home at the weekend.
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-09-2012, 10:22 AM
Ohhh, just hope all will be well and you'll get her home soon.. healing vibes sent to you. xx
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3