Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by Charliefarley
You can buy biodegradeable nappy sacs now,I get them in sainsburys

What realy puzzles me is when people bag it then throw it in the bushes It would be more environmently friendly just to leave it if that's what you are going to do with it surely?
lol yes it would

I get the nappy sacks too- really cheap and do the same job
Charliefarley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-04-2005, 10:38 AM
I saw some this morning thrown the other side of an unnacessable ditch so noone was coming back for them.Realy puzzling
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-04-2005, 10:42 AM
When I go out locally I take nappy sacks and a big carrier bag! both dogs will normally do 1 poop but sometimes more. If I'm up in the hills I leave it along with the sheep and rabbit poop.
I bring it home and put it in the rubbush bin. In scotland it's illegal to put dog poop into our drains.
The only reason I know this is because my nextdoor neighbour was fined a few years back. He had greyhounds and hosed there poop from his kennel down into the drain.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2005, 11:00 AM
what happens if ur dog has the runs and does a long slimey poo across the whole pavement yuck :smt078
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2005, 11:20 AM
Lol! Jenny!:smt078

The worst time for me going up the c*ap ridden track I was talking about, is when I'm riding my bike and it's been raining, and there's so much of the damn stuff about that I can't possibly avoid it all with my wheels, and I end up getting sprayed with it in my face and all up my back!! That too is :smt078
Charliefarley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-04-2005, 11:27 AM
Makes me realy cross when i see it on the pavement,especialy outside the school

Jenny that's a very good question.Charlie had a bad spate of colitis when he was 6 months old and sometimes all that came out was liquid Short of carrying a large container of water to flush it away there's not much you can do.I would try and pick up the best I could then cover it in leaves or grass.Charlie never poos on the pavement so luckely I didn't have that to contend with
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2005, 11:28 AM
Kingsley likes to poo in front of peoples driveways!
he does it every time! lol
Charliefarley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-04-2005, 11:29 AM
LOL I bet you aren't too popular
Soph
New Member!
Female 

14-04-2005, 11:40 AM
I think we are really lucky in that our local park (Greenwich) has zillions of poop bins and litter bins and somehow, despite daily abuse, it is all kept immaculate. In there the problem is not the dog-walkers - we almost all know each other and pick up after ourselves - but the families who descend on the park at the first ray of evening sunshine and leave their full bags of picnic litter right there on the grass! But all credit to the council - by dawn the next day the mess is always gone. It must cost them a fortune though; I don't think I've ever been in there without seeing several gardeners/litter-pickers/bin-emptiers at work.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2005, 12:42 PM
Jenny speaking of that...

That happened out on one of our walks when Keena was about 5 months old...She was going through a stage where she never had normal poop when out on a walk always had the runs and I used to just hope we could get to the grass or beach first, the beach was easy cuz just cover with sand then pick up as usual, grass is difficult cuz you just can't clear it up throughly enough, but the pavement is the worse because at least with the grass it tends to be more out of the way but when you have one heck of a mess on the pavement to clear up there is always an audience and I hated that...worse still when Keena did it she managed to aim it onto someones drive way I just thought 'omg, cheers thanks alot Keena! (wasn't her fault though bless her, it's not like they can find a toilet.

Anyway a bunch of kids were walking past and staring so hard that once I had scooped it all up I held out the poop sack and I asked if they wanted it! It irritated me so bad, yes I am clearing up ****! would you like a ******* picture, have you never seen it before!!

I always dreded her doing it again. Around that time I was having to take out a scoop with me just incase I had to scrape it off the ground, it was a pain in the butt but I still always cleared up best I could...Then I would walk down the road and see a hard little dog turd that someone would have left and think, you lazy B******s I just spent 15 minuets trying to clear up every last remenant of my poor pups diarreoh and you can't take a split second to pick up a tiny little hard dog turd! P***ed me off it did...lol

Regarding the poop loo's for your yard, I have always wondered how efficient they are but never got one cuz I just figured with a big dog that it would never break down fast enough so I saved my self the money but I was curious, now it is confirmed they don't work!...I have two now and the amount I would need to put in would make a little bin like that useless. I do bag it and bin it like everyone else at home but I do feel bad putting it out for the bin men cuz there is quite an amount by the end of a week and just wondered if everyone else does the same and if it's ok, but I guess there arn't many options with what to do with it are there? So I'll just carry on doing it then, heck we pay enough council tax don't we so they can just come and pick up my big sack of **** and like it...lol

Regarding horse poop, I know it isn't feasable (sp?) for the owner to scoop and carry it around in a little sack...lol...but it actually gets on my nervous when I see a massive load of it on the trails at the forest or along the beach, because **** is **** and I don't think it is great to have a ton of horse crap on the beach...Then when my dogs think it is dinner and try to eat the damn stuff that really vex's me...lol...and I think oh so you can just have your horse **** out a massive load and leave it for me to step in or have my dogs make a run for it to try and tuck in but I have to carry my little sacks around with me...lol...I guess there is no way around the horse poop issue in general because I don't see how they can clear up and I supposse it is at least more noticible then dog poop and probably less gross if you do step in it because they just eat grass or hay or whatever...

BUT I hear what you are saying Scottish Boxer, right outside your house in your lane, that is just not on, the rider obviously doesn't know exactly when the horse will take a **** so it is just bad timing but then seeing as the lane doesn't even go anywhere anyway then surely there is somewhere more suitable to ride the horse where if it poops it isn't a problem.

At the back of my house is a farm feid that people walk there dogs on and the footpath runs right along my back garden and I hate it when people let their dog poop right outside my gate so that when I open it with the dogs barrelling out I am greeted with either them narrowly missing it then me stepping in it or them clod hopping right into it...lol...No one picks up after their dog in this field cuz it gets ploughed etc but I still pick up if it is near where people will walk, one lady a few houses down from me actually chucks all her dog poop out over her fence and there is a mass of crap right there and you have to detour to make sure you avoid it, it's nasty...At first I nievely thought, man, someones dog sure does go in the same place an awful lot! But realised it was them chucking it from there yard! I like the woman other than that and we get on but I don't like that she does it!

Well that's what all I have to say about ****!!
Page 5 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »