Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brittannia
New Member!
Female 

05-04-2011, 10:18 AM

Dogue De Bordeaux Bitch needing rehoming

Hi I have a female DDB nearly 4 who has been neglected. She was filthy and has a yeast skin infection we are treating with Malaseb shampoo, no mite infection detected by Vet.

Her eyes had conjunctivitis but it has now cleared with the drops and her ears could have made candles with all the wax we cleared out. They are responding extremely well to her ear drops and the inflammation has gone right down.

She will need to be spayed. She is KC registered. She needs to go to a home without other pets until she has learned to trust more and built up more confidence. She has responded well to positive reinforcement from us in the short time we have had her.

She is gentle and loving to children and adults alike. She walks well on the lead and is learning to return to call. We have taught her to sit now and is learning 'lie down' also. She is quite skinny but has a healthy appetite so should fill out rapidly.

I suspect she has been fed poorly hence her ribs are sticking out but her pelvis is less visible with her being fed regular this last week. On the whole I cannot give any other information apart from what I have seen or observed from her. She is a 'honey' and is stopped frequently by locals for a fuss (which of course she hates! lolol)

She is wary of other dogs though, especially if they are off lead and charge towards her. She is responding to being 'sat' down and turning her back to them. She just hasn't been taught before that it's okay to let others sniff her! Otherwise she walks straight past other dogs, ducks, cows and pigeons without a look. TLC, time, patience, walks and socializing is all it will take the make her into a fantastic family pet!!

Positives:
We have had her micro-chipped, her first injection has been done, she is learning fast and settling well, she's tolerated having baths very easily, she's happy for her food to be taken off her and given back so doesn't guard it, she travels well in a car, she walks well on lead and is learning basic commands.

Negatives:
She is insecure so needs lots of cuddles, she will need to be spayed, she will need socializing or classes, we have little history to pass on about her so no guarantees.

Have you got room in your life for a soppy girl who needs a loving second chance?

Contact me a.s.a.p and I can send you pictures of her, her skin and answer any questions I can.....but as I said I have little to go on about history or previous owner.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Bless you for taking this girl in. I hope she finds a great home - but please can you be aware that DDB crosses are the new status dog in the SE? Please could you spay her first?
Brittannia
New Member!
Female 

05-04-2011, 12:27 PM
Thanks for that info about the SE! Can't people see they are breeding real problems into dogs!? As for spaying her, she will only go with the guarantee of being spayed. She is on a DDB rescue books too with the same proviso.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 12:40 PM
TBH I would spay before she left. People may say "yeah yeah of course" but what if they dont and then they disappear!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 02:55 PM
Are you fostering her?
Brittannia
New Member!
Female 

05-04-2011, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Are you fostering her?
If you mean do we have her at our home. Then yes. She is currently our guest.