Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2010, 03:41 AM

First foster dog

Well all is good, getting a dog on Thursday, it is a long story but the short of it is, I saw him on a pound site and he was due to be pts Tuesday just gone.

I enquired about him and that set the ball in motion for the rescue mission, he got out of the pound on Saturday, a lady picked him up for me (the condition was that it was very temporary and I could organise transport up to my place, about 5hrs away) and she looking after him until a friend picks him up from her house on Thursday.
He is a Maltese X terrier of some sort, he is about 5yrs according to the pound but the lady thinks he is younger, he was riddled with fleas and has kennel cough (he is now on AB's) and has separation anxiety issues (she thinks) and screeches, she gave him a good bath and looks like a new dog already, he is a bit too skinny as well.
This boy made me actively seek out our local rescue (who I emailed and got no reply) and so I started ringing around and finally got hold of the lady here.

When she came yesterday I told her about this boy and how I wasn't willing to leave him in the pound just because I got into the local rescue, she is happy to put him in the local rescue and get him sorted and find him a new home, all the while this being my first rescue boy.

I know little of Kennel Cough so google is going to get a work out but separation anxiety I have had dealings with. She sent me some photo's of him and he looks like a cheeky character and can't wait for him to get here.

He has no name so will have to find him one that fits
RFM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-07-2010, 03:46 AM
AWESOME!!! Do you have any pics...even shelter pics?
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2010, 04:16 AM
Originally Posted by RFM View Post
AWESOME!!! Do you have any pics...even shelter pics?
will put some up now (give me ten, I am slow at PBing them )
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2010, 04:20 AM
These are the ones after being bathed and in the lady's home who is 'dog sitting' him for me

RFM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-07-2010, 05:39 AM
What a cutie! He def. looks like he needs some good food and a little TLC though. Can't wait to hear all about his personality and getting his forever home.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-07-2010, 06:12 AM
He looks lovely Emma.

He will be very happy when he comes to live with you. I am sure if anyone can help him you can .
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2010, 06:18 AM
Awww he is gorgeous and well done you for giving this little lad a chance to experience a happy life.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2010, 06:47 AM
He is lovely Emma, good for you and all your hard work xxx

I do hope he finds a forever home really soon xxx
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2010, 07:31 AM
Well done you! You were a lady on a mission there. I hope he settles well and finds a lovely new home.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2010, 07:43 AM
Originally Posted by RFM View Post
What a cutie! He def. looks like he needs some good food and a little TLC though. Can't wait to hear all about his personality and getting his forever home.
I reckon he is a cutie, he can improve I am sure but a lovely boy to start with. I can't wait to meet him and see how he goes and my boys go with him!!

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
He looks lovely Emma.

He will be very happy when he comes to live with you. I am sure if anyone can help him you can .
I hope so Lynn, he is worth it

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Awww he is gorgeous and well done you for giving this little lad a chance to experience a happy life.
Thanks Bev, it is hard to think he wouldn't of been here anymore and am surprised he wasn't taken (until Sat, others could have got him)!!

Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
He is lovely Emma, good for you and all your hard work xxx

I do hope he finds a forever home really soon xxx
Thanks Sheree He has to go for the chop and get vaccinated and get over the kennel cough and think a bit of work on him 'screeching' apparently!!

Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
Well done you! You were a lady on a mission there. I hope he settles well and finds a lovely new home.
Thanks Gerri, it was a mission, I freaked out a bit as I wasn't sure it would all going to come together and it worried me, but it was meant to be and finding out there are some really lovely people who would do most anything for to help dogs really makes you put some faith back in human kind (ie, the lady that has him at the moment, drove and got him, washing him and is giving him TLC until Thursday) and another lady I talked to giving me heaps of advice and the lady here at the rescue was excited he was coming and putting him into the rescue. I think I will be sending his temporary carer a little parcel
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »