Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2009, 10:03 PM

CM with Shadow

Hi,

The CM episode with Shadow is just starting on nat Geo Wild if anyone is interested (seeing as it's been mentioned recently).

Laura xx
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 08:56 AM
Seen more than enough of that to turn my stomach. However, if they show the Buddy, TeDdy and Matilda episode again please let me know as it is the Teddy one I want to watch as apparently that is very distressing/disturbing.
Becky
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Seen more than enough of that to turn my stomach. However, if they show the Buddy, TeDdy and Matilda episode again please let me know as it is the Teddy one I want to watch as apparently that is very distressing/disturbing.Becky
Whatever floats your boat.............................
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
Whatever floats your boat.............................
It doesn't float my boat at all I just want to see if it is as really bad as others have said it is. Then I'll have more ammunition against the thug.
Becky
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
It doesn't float my boat at all I just want to see if it is as really bad as others have said it is. Then I'll have more ammunition against the thug.
Becky
Why do you need ammunition???? You've said the most vile things about the man already; even some very unkind things to people that follow him (hence another member wanting to leave Dogsey ). Why the need to continue the hate campaign I often wonder if some people have enough to occupy them in their lives
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 10:32 AM
on the basis that I get annoyed that people criticise without having seen all the shows, I think it is fair enough that Becky wants to watch this, though I do wish she would watch all the serious and read his books - I'm under no illusions that it will change her mind, but it gave give her a slightly more balanced view.

Personally there is a lot about him that I don't like, but I've also seen some good stuff.

What I think is a shame is that his is about the only approach shown on TV. In fact, though I do not entirely disapprove of him, on balance I think it would be better if her shows had not been made. The general public see his approach work (but without seeing everything in the background or even what happens in the long term) and don't have an alternative approach to consider.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 10:47 AM
FWIW I think from what I have seen of the programme he is awful, but he will always have groupie followers as well as the people who have been brought up to think as he does.

I can't be bothered to watch it but I do sympathise with those who are anti the man and can see past the 'charisma'.

rune
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
on the basis that I get annoyed that people criticise without having seen all the shows, I think it is fair enough that Becky wants to watch this, though I do wish she would watch all the serious and read his books - I'm under no illusions that it will change her mind, but it gave give her a slightly more balanced view.

Personally there is a lot about him that I don't like, but I've also seen some good stuff.

What I think is a shame is that his is about the only approach shown on TV. In fact, though I do not entirely disapprove of him, on balance I think it would be better if her shows had not been made. The general public see his approach work (but without seeing everything in the background or even what happens in the long term) and don't have an alternative approach to consider.
I agree Hali, that you have to watch something to make up your own mind about it. However, when said person admits she wants to watch it for "ammunition" it really shows that said person only watches to criticise and nothing more

If I think I'm going to find something distasteful and upsetting, then I don't watch it. Therefore, I don't understand why Mahooli wants to watch "the thug" (her words)
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Because I don't just believe what people tell me I like to find out for myself. I have been told that this particular episode is very bad so I want to see for myself. This is yet another episode that you cannot find to view on the NG website, like Shadow's.
I've yet to see any of CM's stuff that impresses me, even the not so physical stuff it shows he has little knowledge of dog behaviour.
You can't argue against something you know nothing about, as they say, know thy enemy and knowledge is a powerful thing.
By watching the Shadow episode and then going trough it step by step for other people it has changed quite a few peoples minds about what they see, which in my book is a good thing so the more episodes I can describe in detail the more people will see the truth.
Becky
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 05:38 PM
I do like to watch some episodes when I can
They do upset me so I cant watch it too often

In fairness I have seen a couple of bits in episodes where I saw some good methods, one was a dog who was pulling (well actually it had a leg problem and the owner wanted to teach it to let him take some of the weight but CM showed him to stop it pulling) he used the same method I do, just stopping walking till the dog stops pulling, no pssting or alpha anything, and there was an episode where a dog had a fear of a noise (cant rem what it was was ages ago) he actually put the noise on the CD and played it while giving the dog treats for ignoring it

That I liked

But for the rest of it I watch and watch and watch to try and understand
1. What I would do in that situation
2. What CM thinks he is doing
3. What the dog is actually learning by CM's method
4. Why to me it can be so cruel that I am in tears for the poor missunderstood dogs but that other dog lovers can see something so totaly different from what I am seeing

and it is point 4 that worries and interests me the most