Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2011, 08:47 AM

Where to get kongs from?

i want to get some kongs for my two so they can have meals in kongs as well as in their bowls.

i want the medium sized ones, as the small ones wont fit a meal in, and i preferably want the puppy ones as they are bit softer than the normal ones.

do you know where i can get them from other than places like pets at home? maybe a bit cheaper?
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-06-2011, 09:15 AM
all pet shops do them, i think
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2011, 09:18 AM
Vetuk.co.uk are a cheap place that sell Kongs.

Please don't buy bigger Kongs though! Buy the size appropriate for your breed. Last month Cain managed to get his bottom jaw wedged inside a Kong, it was very scary The Kong was the correct size but it was old and the hole had got bigger. It's a risk if you buy a Kong thats too bog for your dog, then the hole is too big. Buy the right size and either refill it or buy two
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2011, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Vetuk.co.uk are a cheap place that sell Kongs.

Please don't buy bigger Kongs though! Buy the size appropriate for your breed. Last month Cain managed to get his bottom jaw wedged inside a Kong, it was very scary The Kong was the correct size but it was old and the hole had got bigger. It's a risk if you buy a Kong thats too bog for your dog, then the hole is too big. Buy the right size and either refill it or buy two
well i thought this but they had the tiny ones when they were puppies, so now they are bigger, the medium ones dont even look that big size wise.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2011, 09:33 AM
http://www.kongcompany.com/_literatu...tages_Brochure

The chart doesn't have cresties on but it says S/M for yorkies, pugs and shih tzus so looks like you might be ok with Medium Just observe them with them at first I guess. It was just so scary that I don't want anyone else to go through it!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2011, 09:37 AM
http://www.kongcompany.com/_literatu...tages_Brochure

The chart doesn't have cresties on but it says S/M for yorkies, pugs and shih tzus so looks like you might be ok with Medium Just observe them with them at first I guess. It was just so scary that I don't want anyone else to go through it!
thanks for that and the ones one that site are near enough half price to what you pay in the shops! will be ordering two tomorrow when i get paid. they dont have the puppy ones but they do have senior so i dont know whether to order those or just get the normal ones.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2011, 09:41 AM
Medium puppy kongs

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/dog-toys-pupp...-medium-p-4606
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2011, 09:42 AM
I've just bought my second lot of 'kong type toys' from Plutos pets, they do small and large ones and the large ones work out at 96p each.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2011, 11:13 AM
Medium puppy kongs

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/dog-toys-pupp...-medium-p-4606
oops im just blind
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2011, 02:27 PM