Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2013, 06:49 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Wednesday

Morning all Dogsey Peops

I had to stop and think there for a minute, it is Wednesday isn't it??

Got up at silly hour this morning cos I read the clock wrong, it was 5.57 not 6.57, so got up anyway. Glad I did cos when I went to put kettle on, I spotted the fox up the top, just staring down at me, and I just knew by the time I went and got the camera it would have gone, BUT, no, it was up there for aaaages trying to eat the dregs of the bird seed on the ground, it didn't even go when I opened the window so that I could let Zena out (no, not through the window, but so that it would leave!!!) and it just stood with its front paws on the little wall and looked down at me. It was very slow, must be starving I will put up my pics, especially for you Linda, when I go through them later.

No other news, nothing exciting happened overnight, EXCEPT, I was woken at 4.30 am with some loud thud type noise and I swear the whole house shook Nothing wakes me, and I know I wasn't dreaming, cos when I sat up in bed, even Zena was the same, staring over at me so something happened. I looked out the window and everything was dark and quiet, and I never heard it again. I'm going to have to Google to see if we had some kind of earth tremour or something, did anyone else hear this I wonder?

Hope all is well with you all, especially hoping little Rosie is totally back to normal after her little blip yesterday Chris.

Lots to do again today (make it stop!) so enjoy yours whatever you're up to
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-03-2013, 07:00 AM
Morning Helena and everyone. Silly o'clock here too this morning 4.30. Was walking Dillon just before 6am. It is going to be a beautiful day out there though.
I saw a fox too on the field chasing a bird the bird won.

I wonder what that tremor was Helena I hope you find out and can let us all know.

I logged of at 8.30 last night and went to bed I was so tired.
I did take a peek this morning at the thread from last night and we are hoping to have the house on the market by Easter Helena but still a bit to do not much but all the fiddly time consuming jobs especially the outside which needs tidying. If this weather is changing for the better fingers crossed we may be able to get those sorted.

I hope everyone is well today and Sally good luck at the dentists.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2013, 07:05 AM
Morning Lynn, oh dear, Dillon got you up early again this morning, but the fact that it's getting lighter earlier probably has a lot to do with it too. I expect you were hanging out the window though looking for that man!!!!

Glad to hear the house is now coming together enough for it to go on the market. Yes, glorious sunshine here too this morning,. and it looks like it might actually last with the clear, blue sky. I might check what the tide is doing and take Zena down the beach for a change, it'll do that foot good, although she hasn't limped for a couple of days now.

Yes, good luck at the dentist Sally. Where is our other Sal, she hasn't been around for ages has she, I do hope she's ok?
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2013, 07:55 AM
Morning H and all,

I havn't given up on that house yet and the people from there are coming to look round mine this morning, so will have to shoot off in a moment and have a quick tidy up. I do have to consider me getting work over there though as it would cost me more than I earn to work where i do now and travel there everyday and of course we have to make sure Charly can afford to travel to uni everyday as I would hate to mess her future as a lawyer up just for the sake of a year living too far away. She also has some very important exams in may which if she doesn't pass will mean she can't become a lawyer so its not a good time really.
Its no good her moving out to live in a house or digs nearer as that is defeating the object as I would then still have to pay this damn bedroom tax that I can't afford.

Charly will be back very late tonight/early hours of tomorrow morning from Strasbourg and then her and Ash are heading off to Devon either Thursday or Friday until my birthday.

Well I had better get on, will look forward to seeing the pics H and very intrigued to find out what woke you up.

Take care all and have a good day.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2013, 08:02 AM
Good morning Helena, Lynn and fellow members,

How strange that you were both woken around 4.30

Foxes can be so bold and I've had one that stayed not more than 15' away as I walked the dogs past it ..... needless to say when the dogs realised it wasn't going to run they became mute and trotted past as though they hadn't seen it .... so brave. I was woken just before 6 by Rucksack. Flash stayed in bed and rucksack went out in the garden. All back to bed before I got up to have bath and wash my hair.

I hope you both enjoy your walks with Dillon and Zean and yes, how lovely to see the sun

I've got to walk the dogs fairly soon as my son came back fron work last night and the split in his alloy wheel has suddenly got bigger as his rub-flat was flat. No spare tyre on his BMW so I'll have to take him and said wheel to see if the alloy can be fixed. If not he'll have to buy a new one. Whatever happens he'll be car-less so I'll have to be his taxi for a day or so. We kept told him to get it sorted weeks ago

Dogs have their annual boosters at noon today .... more expense!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2013, 08:03 AM
Morning

I wonder what made that noise Helen?

Flaming dogs - Loki woke us up at 6 this morning by repeatedly opening the stair gate with his nose and letting it bang closed. Over and over again!

We have the Easter bonnet parade this morning. I shall wear the bonnet proudly.

Have a lovely day everyone.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2013, 08:06 AM
Morning Lynn H a Bev and all

Norty Dillon getting you up so early Lynn! I hope the house goes on the market according to plan. My friend put her bungalow on the market and sold it with in two weeks so people are still moving about!

Oooh H, I wonder what it was that woke you up, very strange.

Fingers crossed that your house move works out Bev. I don't know where we will stand with the bedroom tax as we technically have a number of unused rooms, it is quite worrying.

It will be a quiet day here today but I am going out for a meal tonight, having a girls night out at a friends house, we haven't seen each other for a while so between the three of us there should be plenty of nattering!

Have a good day all.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2013, 08:08 AM
Good morning Everyone. Hope you are all in fine fettle. Have a good day, the sun was out when I walked Amber earlier but it seems to have disappeared again just because I want to hang some washing out to dry in a minute.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2013, 08:10 AM
Morning All

Don't have a lot of time these days for coming on here or anywhere else for that matter.

Had a worst ever meeting with 'professionals' geeeeez some of them need to pull in their horns

Dogs to have another assessment this time with the Dog Warden for Birmingham so we can change over our job working for local authority Im sure the gang will enjoy the attention though being as they think everyone that comes here is to see them and them only

Our last assessment today and then our panel date is in May so things are moving pretty fast.

See alot of you are moving or doing up houses....best of luck to you all xxx
Have a great day folks
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2013, 08:18 AM
The bedroom tax means you pay £14 a week for any unused bedroom i think Bev x x
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »