View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2017, 10:24 AM
Maybe just text him a quick message June. Yep I know you probably have. Griff if you don't have to get up then don't. Bg!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2017, 10:37 AM
TW, text him and say you are taking the girls out as he is obviously running late and will see him when you get back...i would also tell him that it worries you when he says he will come and then doesn't contact you..i think it is a man thing as Steve is like it, my dad, my brother and all of my dads brothers...me? i text i am on the bus..i am round the corner, be there in 2 mins Lol
Yeah Brenda, i am lucky with the dogs as although kota will be ready to get up literally as soon as she has gone to bed she will saty in her crate settled until i let her out and Deagan...bless her, i am usually downstairs doing brekkie before she decides to get up Lol
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2017, 11:37 AM
Sounds like my friend Margaret's dog. He loves just laying in his bed even with the door open.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2017, 12:23 PM
The dog next door apparently just lies in his bed all day...they have to literally drag him out for a walk and as he isn't good with other dogs or recall they hired a field for an hour...he is a whippet, 10 minutes in he lay down and refused to go any further Lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-06-2017, 12:43 PM
Son arrived just as I was going to go out. Long story short, he and his gf split last night and she has gone to her mum's. It has been on the cards, (literally as I did his cards a while ago and have been doing them the last few days and The Tower and ending cards have been constantly coming up) was hoping it would be sorted. So I gave him lots of hugs and hand holding and talked with him about it for a while. He so very like me though, he has already thought about asking one of his mates (whose tenancy is coming to an end where he is) to share with him, and they've said yes. I always have Plans A, B & C at the bare minimum and fret if I don't. He says financially he will be better off as he paid everything and now everything halved!!! Its the loss of her company, although in the next breath he said they were still not communicating and he has tried his best. If you have to try on that level then its best done and dusted, but he had to find that one out for himself. He took himself off saying he wanted to be on his own, and have left him to it, he has friends near to where he lives and he knows I am here for him always. Next doctors appointment for him is next week, so I said for him to come round after, and he said he would.
Took Kesh and Zen onto the little park for a chase round and ball games, then Lona and Mabs down by the pumping station for swimming and ball games, so they weren't out as long as I would normally have them but at least they got out and did something.
Griff, greyhounds and whippets are built for short bursts of speed, after that they stop, they don't keep it up and are actually couch potatoes
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2017, 12:50 PM
Just had a delivery of my prescriptions including my eye drops so all is well.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2017, 01:07 PM
Great news Moyra
Oh, that is sad TW...who knows what time will bring though...maybe time apart and they will feel differently? yeah i know about the short bursts..this wasn't running it was a walk Lol
Car passed it's mot...no advisories...the advisory for the headlight mysteriously cured itself!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-06-2017, 01:24 PM
I think this will be it, she went away for a week in Greece with her sister (already booked when it all went kaput) and she's been home a couple of weeks and things aren't working. Its not wise to go back anyway, it never resumes its sparkle. He is pretty sure its to do with this other bloke, but you know the saying, if the grass looks greener on the other side thats because its artificial. She's been fortunate with my son, he earns good money, she has never had to pay the rent or mortgage or bills, he's paid everything. Doubt in this day and age she'll hit that lucky again. I said to him she needs to grow up she's still a child, and he said she's 33, I said yes, but she went straight from her parents house to living with you, never had the responsibility of bills etc.
I have to stand back, its hard to do that, he has to find his own way, I am there for him if he needs me.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-06-2017, 01:50 PM
Sorry to hear the news June maybe he will be like Mark and find someone for him. Sure he will when the time is right.
We can't help but worry though can we ?
griff sounds like Dillon. Good news about the mot.
Moyra glad the drops have arrived.

Done some more painting the door that faces into the living room but is always open into the kitchen. kitchen side done when we decorated the kitchen.
Architrave living room side done to and some small bits of skirting board and the little built in cupboard which holds some junk and the tele stands on. Tele now on the Ollie and Max box had to move that across the room bit heavy but where there's a will there's a way.
Had a shower now resting.
When Gorden gets in we are popping up to the new chinese that has opened.
Ony does take away at the moment. Going to ask about delivery and how much it costs most say they are to far away or want as much as the meal to deliver.
Fingers crossed this one is reasonable.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2017, 02:03 PM
ooo Lynn, i hope the chinese will be lovely
i am about to blow, sent my dad down to see the xjs and drop off the tyres that have been sat in the garage for 2 months...hows it going i says? slowly..as in how slowly dad? he just looked at me...basically the car hasn't been touched! o.k, the guys on his own, has other stuff but why take the job on? oh well...then he comes out with this pearl...did you know theres all water or something spilt across the floor in th garage...err no, was fine the other day...wheres the key...goes and looks and there is this bizarre stream of clear liquid like water running across the floor..looks at the roof..fine and dry, came back in and said you will have to help me shift this stuff.....him..oh i am going to a haircut!!! so theres me, hopping round trying to move car covers, pots of paint and plaster ad a massive table saw...found the culprit...his clear bloody antifreeze!!!! i have just had to bleach all by the front of the garage door adn rinse it down with hot water as the neighbours cats might drink the antifreeze..i swear, i could murder him
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >