View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2009, 04:31 PM
What a handsome boy and its so obvious how much you love him (((HUGS))) hun, these decisions are so painfully hard
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2009, 04:33 PM
He's such a beautiful boy. I can't see through tears x
Bucksmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Oh Gosh,like every body else probably is i am typing this through tears He is beautiful.
I to believe in these things and it sounds like you were meant to be together.
He is also a lucky boy to have such a dedicated,caring owner.
Love and hugs to all three of you xxx
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2009, 07:23 PM
Awww Max is gorgeous. His piccie brought a tear to my eye too.
Magic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-09-2009, 07:46 PM
I think that's one of the qualities of gsds particularly.... they continue to grow more handsome and noble as they age. He looks every inch the perfect gentleman!

Give him everything that he loves (and bad for him), spend the time with him, even take him out and about for a ride in the car if he is able, and try hard not to convey your sorrow. Later you'll appreciate the benefits of preparation and courage and not the anguish of those whose dogs died at the vets or alone, or in intense pain and stress.

It's a sad time, it's a time of passing and it comes to all of us.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-09-2009, 08:33 PM
He looks a lovely dog.

I guess it's something we've all had to face or at least will have to face one day. It's an inevitable part of dog ownership and is never easy.

Just remember that you know your dog better than anybody else and with that in mind and his best interests at heart whatever you decide will be the correct decision and everybody will support you
kyle217
New Member!
Male 

04-09-2009, 08:05 AM
Thanks for all the kinds words.

I didn't expect to be writing this so soon. He just deteriorated so much over 24 hours. I got home from work on wednesday night and just knew it had to be done soon. We stayed up with him all night, comforting him as much as we could. I was left with no other option but to call the vet yesterday morning. I couldn't let him continue like he was, it wasn't fair. We decided it best to have it done at home, the vet came to our house around 11am to carry out the procedure. Max went very peacefully in my arms. You could by looking into his eyes that he was ready for it. He didn't seem distressed, just peaceful. I held him throughout the whole thing. It was definitly the most difficult I have ever had to do but on refelction, even though it was more traumatic for me and my wife, we're glad we did it the way we did. He was most relaxed at home and even more so with our presence. I couldnt let him go alone.

Just feel really empty now, like a big chunk of who I am has been taken away. I know it will get better over time. Just miss him so much, can't believe he's gone.

We made him bacon and sausages for his breakfast and he loved it

Again, thanks to everyone. Your advice and kind words really helped me through it and I seriously mean that. Can't help but think that my timing to come on here wasn't much of a coincidence.
kyle217
New Member!
Male 

04-09-2009, 08:07 AM
Forget to say that we opted for the private cremation. His ashes will be returned to us within a week.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2009, 08:11 AM
My heartfelt condolences Kyle. It sounds as though your old lad was ready to go and it was the last thing we can do for our beloved dogs to let them go peacefully with us by their side.

Max will live on in your heart and your mind, and I hope that one day you feel able to open your heart to another dog.

Hugs to you and your wife.
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-09-2009, 08:12 AM
Hi

Im am pleased you did the right thing for Max and you were there to comfort him but im sad that his time has come for Max but he is now at peace, run free little man at rainbow bridge x

Hope you can find a nice place for his ashes to be kept x
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >