Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-12-2011, 04:29 PM

Getting there. Have bought

so far meat for the freezer. Nature diet puppy as this is what puppy is on at breeders so will continue and do gradual change over to raw. Teething toy, brush, puppy pads quilts for bedding ball on a rope with bell to play with. Soft toys to play with puppy milk bonios. Puppy mixer.

Ordered pet tabs and apple cider vinegar and have to get rice pudding weetabix and shredded wheat and goats milk. Natural yoghurt puppy will also get honey and small amounts of garlic. Also have to order salmon oil just off to do that.

Phew think I am nearly done. We are visiting again Saturday then in two weeks he will be home.
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2011, 04:30 PM
wow, bet you cant wait.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2011, 04:35 PM
[QUOTE=Lynn;2414837]
Ordered pet tabs and apple cider vinegar and have to get rice pudding weetabix and shredded wheat and goats milk. [QUOTE]

Good grief why on earth would anyone feed a dog rice pudding, and breakfast cereal?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-12-2011, 04:50 PM
[QUOTE=smokeybear;2414840][QUOTE=Lynn;2414837]
Ordered pet tabs and apple cider vinegar and have to get rice pudding weetabix and shredded wheat and goats milk.

Good grief why on earth would anyone feed a dog rice pudding, and breakfast cereal?
This is what the breeder has the puppis on just a small amount for tea and the weetabix with goats milk for a short while. I am sticking to what breeder recommends. She has bred and reared Bernese for many years now and they live good long lives with no health issues. They are also getting raw mince as one meal during the day too so have stocked up on those also.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2011, 04:54 PM
[QUOTE=Lynn;2414845][QUOTE=smokeybear;2414840]
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Ordered pet tabs and apple cider vinegar and have to get rice pudding weetabix and shredded wheat and goats milk.

This is what the breeder has the puppy on just a small amount for tea and the weetabix with goats milk for a short while I am sticking to what breeder recommneds.

I would have thought reputable breeders would be feeding their puppies good quality dog food rather than breakfast cereal designed for humans, made from wheat which has no nutritional value to dogs and excluded from high quality dog foods. As for rice pudding..............
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2011, 04:58 PM
Afraid I agree with SB, weetabix and rice pudding has no nutritional value to the dog.
I think a lot of 'old school' breeders do this, but there is no need to carry it on. I would be replacing that meal with actual puppy food.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-12-2011, 04:59 PM
[QUOTE=smokeybear;2414848][QUOTE=Lynn;2414845]
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post

I would have thought reputable breeders would be feeding their puppies good quality dog food rather than breakfast cereal designed for humans, made from wheat which has no nutritional value to dogs and excluded from high quality dog foods. As for rice pudding..............
That isn't the bulk of their meal. The bulk of their meal is Nature diet and raw minces with puppy mixer. As I said when we must of crossed posted she has reared and bred Bernese for many years with no health issues and they live long lives some to 13 so I will stick with her diet sheet.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2011, 05:36 PM
Oh exciting!!!!!!!!

This is going to one pampered pup!! And why on earth not.

Have a wonderful time on Saturday and take lots more photos xx
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2011, 05:43 PM
Does this breeder feed raw? If not why, if you hold her feeding practices in such high regard, are you going to?
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2011, 05:57 PM
FGS, don't turn this into an argument.
Lynn knows what she's doing, and she's obviously happy with the breeder.
She's had a rough time, and is really looking forward to getting her puppy.
She doesn't need lecturing.

Sounds exciting Lynn!
I keep buying the boys new toys everytime I go to the cash and carry! lol
Bet you can't wait, can't believe how fast it has come round since you said you had found a breeder!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »