Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2006, 04:56 PM

Exterior Christmas Decorations

My o/h is going to go mental when he gets home. As if it wasn't bad enough that there are Christmas adverts on the telly already, (according to him), one of the houses down our lane has only gone and put their exterior Christmas decorations up this afternoon.

I think some of them look nice, they've got a reindeer with a sleigh and an arch that has fairy lights on and some more lights on their conifers. The thing I don't like is the upside down half Santa that is propped on top of their chimney and the million and one flashing lights that they've placed all around the house, instead of being one colour they've got red, green and blue all mixed and different styles.

Mr Meldrew is on lates this week so I thought they'd be tucked up in bed, lights out before he got back, but he's just texted to say he's finished early and on his way. I'm gonna hear all about them I know, probably during I'm a Celebrity, think I'll just act dumb when he tells me.

I wonder if I've got anything in the pantry I can pacify him with.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2006, 05:01 PM
There are new people a few doors down - their outside decorations appeared begining of this week. Not the nicest either.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-11-2006, 05:10 PM
yeah they have been up down our road a few days now, it is like a competition to see who can get them up first. Soon nearly the whole road and adjoining roads will be flashing away merrily
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2006, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by Trish View Post
There are new people a few doors down - their outside decorations appeared begining of this week. Not the nicest either.
I know I laugh at my o/h for being a humbug but I do feel its a bit soon to be putting them up. And I suppose theres no accounting for taste is there?
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2006, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
yeah they have been up down our road a few days now, it is like a competition to see who can get them up first. Soon nearly the whole road and adjoining roads will be flashing away merrily
I think its nice to see, nearer the time. I suppose if I lived in a less remote area it would save on my electric if other people were lighting up the area with their lights lol.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2006, 05:19 PM
there is a house not far from us who decorate every year and its fab ...very tastefully done he has a different colour theme every year .....this year its gold ( last yr was purple )

they put a lot of effort in and it does look fab
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2006, 05:19 PM
Elizabeth and I are going to put our tree up and a few decorations later,we don't decorate the outside of the house,hubby wants to this year but i'm not keen,i'd rather spend the money on the kids
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2006, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
there is a house not far from us who decorate every year and its fab ...very tastefully done he has a different colour theme every year .....this year its gold ( last yr was purple )

they put a lot of effort in and it does look fab
I think some people really make a good job of it, sounds like these people do and how nice to have a different theme each year.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2006, 05:23 PM
When we lived in Cannock,there was a couple that used to decorate the house,open it to the public and donate all the money to the air ambulance.
It was really beautiful
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2006, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by nissanmad View Post
When we lived in Cannock,there was a couple that used to decorate the house,open it to the public and donate all the money to the air ambulance.
It was really beautiful
Thats a lovely thing to do, on our local news they cover lots of different houses that do a similar thing each year. Its still not going to pacify old grumpy knickers though.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >