Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
AxlAndChaos
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-03-2006, 04:28 PM

mother's day gifts

What did you all get your mum's for mother's day?
I feel really mean being skint and not being able to spoil her when i was working i would normally spend about £100 on her and go all out, but this year i'm not working and i only had £20 to spend (i know its the thought that counts and all that, but i couldnt survive if it werent for my mum)
Anyway, i know her hair dryer had blown up so she didnt have one, so i got her a new andrew colinge hair dryer for £20, i know she wont be all disapointed (not in front of me anyway) but it seems such a crap thing to get her for mothers day
sitting here thinking i should just take it back and give her gift vouchers instead what would you all do? give her the hair dryer or take it back and get vouchers?
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2006, 04:40 PM
i brought mone a teddy to go with the one i brought last year , she lucky she even got that we dont get on very well
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2006, 04:40 PM
dont beat yourself up. your mum will probably be grateful that you have got her something she really needs. i know i would. it is not the pressie that counts but the thought behind it and you have thought out what she needs so good for you.
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2006, 04:44 PM
Hi Axl

Your mum will know your situation and really it shouldn't be about the gift - it's all about the love between you and your mum

I think its great that you bought her something that she needed, that is really thoughtful and considerate of you

Please don't worry so much about it, it'll be just fine
AxlAndChaos
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-03-2006, 04:57 PM
i know im being stupid, just can't help feeling like a cheap skate ... i mean really .. a hair dryer, for everything she's done for me lol just doesnt seem right
I can always make it up to another time, thank you for the kind replies, i feel slightly better, will still feel like scrouge tomorrow though
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2006, 05:02 PM
I am sure she will be very pleased with her hairdryer, £100 is a lot of money to spend on mothers day, I would have a fit if my grown up children spent that much. I am happy to received a box of chocolate and a card if money is scarse or even if it isnt.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2006, 05:03 PM
My sons have been busy making things at school - I am banned from their bedrooms, they're only 5 and 7!!!

As a Mum I can honestly say it's most definately the thought not the amount that counts. :smt058
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2006, 05:30 PM
I'm sure she will be pleased you have got her something she can actually use I have hardly any money at the moment so I've just bought her some hairdye. I'm going to cut her hair, make it straight and dye it because she's so fed up with it
I feel bad not speniding much but my mum would hate it if I spent more on her!

Try to relax and just enjoy the day with her
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2006, 05:58 PM
I normally buy my Mum a bunch of flowers - as thats all she wants.
She doesn't want gifts etc.

She is going on holiday tomorrow, so didn't want flowers this year, but my Sister and I will buy her some for when she gets home
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2006, 07:36 PM
I think your Mum will be delighted with the hairdryer, esp as its something she needs and will know thought went into it, you have done the right thing, just spend time with her and make her laugh and itll be a day to remember, xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >