Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
hollie01
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-04-2007, 03:40 PM

help with stacking

me and Tia have only been going to RC for a couple of weeks and in that time we have improved loads.
but when i try and get her front legs more underneath her she tends to want to move them more forward if that makes sence
any help?
surannon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-04-2007, 03:53 PM
Are you using bait whilst stacking her? Most dogs will try and move forward for bait. If you are, try her without it. If you're not, it's just a case of practice I'm afraid. Lots of calm praise when she stands correctly. It helps a lot if you can find a large mirror to practice in front of so you can see what the judge will be seeing.

Not much help I'm afraid but it'll come I'm sure

Debs
hollie01
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-04-2007, 03:56 PM
yes i am using bait! right i will try with out and see how we go1
thanks
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2007, 04:10 PM
I don't know whether this will sound OK put in writing it is far better being demonstrated.
Stand your dog the way you usually do. Stand beside them and place your hand around the rib cage and under the chest just behind the front legs and one around the front of the chest, lift the dog up so the front feet are off the ground then gently place back down. The legs should be underneath.
Hope that makes sense!
Becky
Rio
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-04-2007, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by hollie01 View Post
yes i am using bait! right i will try with out and see how we go1
thanks
How about using the bait and try and walk into a stand and telling your dog to stand/stand and wait so that the dog will understand what you want of him/her. and just practice placing the legs aswell with the same command and you'll find that eventually it will click with the dog.
It will take time and patience but it will pay off. i have a 7mth old and i had a similar problem but now she is learning that when i ask her to stand & wait she gets it right most of the time.
I tried many different ways and you will find something that will suit you and your dog good luck