Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bobbles
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-04-2007, 08:27 AM

Being sick

Just after some quick advice, my Staffs being sick not a lot she's more foaming at the mouth and heaving but not much is coming up only white froth, she has a tendency to eat other animals pooh (except dogs) she ate some cows pooh at the weekend and I suspect its that, she's been on a chicken and boiled rice diet but is not eating it and she's also very sleepy, she hasn't been sick this morning but still is not her usuall self.
She has JWB and Naturediet and also veg, fish and chicken, so why does she still feel the need to go and look for other animals pooh to eat, she has two meals a day, which she never eats straight away she always has to have some encouragment to eat her dinner, but when out on walks she's always on the look out for scraps and animal pooh, has anyone any advice on this one
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2007, 09:19 AM
Hi Bobbles.
If she was otherwise lively, I would have been tempted to see how things went, but with her being sleepy as well, I do think you are best to go to the vets. It could be any number of things, some of which she would get over herself, some of which she may need medical attention for but if it is something that needs medical attention, the sooner she starts receiving this, the better.

Other things the vet may ask you (so have a think before you go) is whether she is drinking ok, whether she is poohing normally and whether she has eaten anything else she shouldn't have (in addition to the cow pooh).

Hope you get her sorted, its never nice seeing them unwell
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2007, 09:30 AM
I too say suggest the vet. Fudge was like this a month ago and it was a hair bobble obstructing which worked it`s way out eventually but she had an anti- vomiting injection which helped her a lot.good luck and keep us informed.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-04-2007, 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by bobbles View Post
Just after some quick advice, my Staffs being sick not a lot she's more foaming at the mouth and heaving but not much is coming up only white froth, she has a tendency to eat other animals pooh (except dogs) she ate some cows pooh at the weekend and I suspect its that, she's been on a chicken and boiled rice diet but is not eating it and she's also very sleepy, she hasn't been sick this morning but still is not her usuall self.
Hi Bobbles how old is your bitch/is she spayed/has she had a season recently/ is she drinking /is she poooing ok...
If she is not spayed and had a season recently (in the last few weeks)you need to get her checked by the vet ASAP .
Meg
Supervisor

23-04-2007, 09:41 AM
....continued
If she had a recent season and is sleepy/not eating/vomiting there is always a chance it could be a closed Pyometra and this is a serious medical emergency and you should see a vet urgently.

If she is not pooing and is vomiting/not eating it could be an obstruction and you need to see a vet ASAP.

Hope she will be better soon..
bobbles
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-04-2007, 01:10 PM
Hi everyone just come back from work and she didn't even get out of her bed to come and see me, she's very sleepy which is certainly not like her, she's definatly not been sick today and she hasn't had a pooh today, yesterday her tummy was making alot of rumberling and gurgerling noises, rang vets and they advised to leave her for 24hours and have an appointment in the morning not sure I want to leave her that long what do you all think
bobbles
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-04-2007, 01:12 PM
She was speyed at 14months she's now 18 months
mj
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-04-2007, 01:19 PM
I think if you've really concerened with her i would take her to the vets today..
You know your dog best and know whats normal behaviour.
i'd go along to the vets if nothing else it will give you piece of mind.

let us know how you get on with her
bobbles
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-04-2007, 01:23 PM
I'm going to pick kids up from school now if she's still like it when we get home then I'm definatley going to vets, will let you all know later thanks for the concern xx
Meg
Supervisor

23-04-2007, 01:32 PM
Hi everyone just come back from work and she didn't even get out of her bed to come and see me, she's very sleepy which is certainly not like her
Hi Bobbles I am less concerned now I know Staff is spayed having lost two bitches with Pyo. If she pooed yesterday food is getting through so it's not likely to be an obstruction.

'If in doubt check it out' is my motto where dogs are concerned, it could just be a simple tummy upset but it is best not left if Staff is behaving unlike her normal self. Hope all is well soon.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >