Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2017, 07:37 AM

Dogsey Daily Wednesday 23rd August 2017

Morning all. At long last my internet is working and not sporadic and also my emails. Amazing how it all started working after a phone call to bt. Hope you all have a good day. Very overcast here after it was lovely and sunny when I got up. Anyone know the whereabouts of LG? Someone must be able to get in touch with him. Maybe the webmaker Azz. All well and good worrying about the people that disappear but I have said this before someone must be a friend of his and be able to reach him. After all why do we bother to make friends with people on here only to start worrying when we don't see them on here for ages and ages. Maybe that is why so many leave the site. No continuity. I know we have busy lives and need our privacy but some of us worry.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2017, 08:30 AM
Good morning Brenda and all who follow

Hope the weather brightens up for you

I will enjoy looking at houses for you on the internet Lynn its one of my favourite hobbies keeping and eye on what is happening round here so will enjoy widening my search

Hope you friends from Germany arrive safe Nippy and you enjoy your time with them.

Lovely here washing out and Teazle walked. I know LG said he would be missing for most of the summer as he would be busy but if anything happened then his wife had instructions to let us know.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-08-2017, 09:05 AM
Morning brenda, Sue and all who follow.

Very funny weather again sun put, then becomes cloudy and breezy but very warm.
Wall out the front drying nicely but not enough to paint yet. So we will start the stairs today. That is the first job we started in this house nearly 4 years ago. Everything else got in the way. So won't be long now before we can it valued looks like we are on course for beginning of September valuation/s.
Then we see what position Paul and Beth are in and take it from there.

It can be worrying brenda when people disappear. LG quite often says he won't be around much and as Sue says I am sure his wife would let us know if anything worrying had happened.
On that note anyone had contact with June and how is she ? I did message but she hasn't replied.
Sue will be glad of any help. I am having a notebook this time with reminders of what to watch out for and whether they maybe contenders or not. Expect a lot of notes.
Kazz if it wasn't for Dillon I might consider Spain or France and if Gorden was fully retired.
Maybe in another life now as this move we are hoping will be our last.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are to.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2017, 09:53 AM
Lg tends to disappear around now as he gets very very busy, he did reassure us before that should he decide to curl up his toes the Mem will inform us all. He did pop on to send his condolences on Junes loss of Cariad so was alive and kicking then. I know he said he wasn't very technologically minded with regards the computer and i know he also valued his privacy and i for one deffo don't have a contact number / email for him
Lynn, nope i have messaged June twice and also sent her a card through the post just to let her know i was thinking of her, i think Lacey was in touch with her
I have said before...i promise my mum will let you all know if anything bad happens to me.
Horrible grey day today, had an awful night, went out with my cousin and she got my lunch for me, it was lovely but there must be something in there that has troubled my tummy...i thought i was a gonna in the night and i have got up this morning and my cheeks are bright red...you could light a fag off me Lol, seeing the consultant tomorrow so if not right will have a word
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2017, 10:17 AM
Hello all
Not doing much except maybe ironing today. Not going out, weird weather think Rosie thought we might get thunderstorms as she went and hid for a little while. She's back on the chair now though lol
Supposed to be sunny later,
Will be odd this year as this time last year we were off to York for the Ebor race, but this year not gone as Tony's friends not going as one of them ( a older chap) is really poorly. And he said I can't walk that well yet. So will watch it on telly instead
I've not heard from June either, I do hope she's ok. I'm sure she'll be back as soon as she's up to it.
LG is usually busy on his farm/land is the at this time of year? I think I remember that he normally disappears around this time of year.
Do hope you feeling better later Griff & it was just an overnight bug
Lynn glad things are coming on for you in regards to the house.
Brenda glad the internet is sorted
Sue can you send the sun here, I've got washing in at the moment, looks like it will go on the airer although it is brightening up now, so will be able to get Rosie out for a wander
Moyra hope you are ok too today
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-08-2017, 10:43 AM
Ooo errr griff hope you feel better soon.
Poor June do hope she and the girls are ok.
Mandy hope that Rosie's hiding isn't predicting storms. How's the hip ?

Well that last coat of eggshell on the old kitchen cupboard recycled to hide the electricity meter done. Two bits of skirting cut one painted other I am just about to do. There was a rather diabolical radiator cover that had to be moved when the extra stair at the bottom was added. Of course no skirting so needed replacing.
Then ,measure up for wood to fill in the gaps on stairs. Also to fill in bannisters and a piece for flooring upstairs. Hopefully if not all done today we will make a good start later after buying the materials.
I can see the light at the end of the very dark tunnel now and the woods for the hundreds of tree's.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2017, 11:56 AM
Hello everyone.
I hope LG is ok. I will contact June again later and make sure she is ok and I will tell my son to post for me if/when I curl up my toes!!

You may wonder why I am on here when I should be feeding my visitors. Well when I checked Flight Radar for their take off it said "delayed contact airline" oooer! Anyway it seems they had to wait for parts for a repair. They have now landed and on their way to Reading but they have missed the train and may have to wait some time for another.
Oh well it has given me some breathing space.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2017, 03:08 PM
Lol Nippy...every cloud and all that!! hope they don't arrive at stupid oclock
Lynn, sounds as if things are progressing well
Mandy,awww bless rosie hiding...a lot of humans get headaches before a thunderstorm so i wonder if it is the same for dogs??
No bug...it was something in the sandwich, no upset tum just really really bad pains!! i think they may have put like a chutney or something in there as it wasn't just cheese and onion, oh well...lovely as it was i will have to eat something different next time
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-08-2017, 03:20 PM
Inconvenient for your friends Nippy Jen.
Handy for you.

Got the wood we needed Gorden now sawing to fit it under the stairs. the backs of the stairs are ugly and rough so that will tidy them up.
B&Q useless and expensive so went to the local timber yard not sure why he doesn't use them more often. Better wood and cheaper saved ourselves a £1 on each piece and we needed 8.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2017, 03:34 PM
Ooh Nippy, hope they arrive at a reasonable time
Glad you got the timber at a good price. My hip is ok thanks, pain free now except for some aching in my leg & knee which is normal according to the consultant.
We never got a storm, just a shower. But I wonder too cos well dogs much more sensitive than us aren't they.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >