Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-10-2009, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
i didnt, in the hypothetical situation, say that the person would not be held accountable! they would be but they wouldnt be a breeder. so any dog that gets out has a negligent owner?? accidents cant happen where a dog gets out?? accidents happen all the time, i dont know a person who, as a child, didnt get lost in the supermarket... things like that just happen! we can be careful but they still happen. maybe everyone else just isnt a perfect as you then!

again, if the pregnancy is accidental, it hasnt been allowed!!

so why if my dog were to get pregnant while loose, would be a breeder yet if my dog got loose and got in a fight, i wouldnt be a dog fighter... how can i be a breeder for something accidental but not a dog fighter in the same scenario??

and, where did i say people werent accountable unless there was intent?? i did, i said they would be but that doesnt make them a breeder!!!!
So what does it make them..??????????
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
So what does it make them..??????????
someone who had an accidental litter!

people have different views on this, and that is mine. same as i dont think think someone is a murderer if they accidentally killed someone... if someone falls onto the road and they get hit by someones car and die, is the driver a murderer??
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2009, 03:28 PM
someone who had an accidental litter!

people have different views on this, and that is mine. same as i dont think think someone is a murderer if they accidentally killed someone... if someone falls onto the road and they get hit by someones car and die, is the driver a murderer??
Possibly if the person could've been saved but the driver didn't stop or call for the emergency services.

An accidental mating can be terminated by the jag - those who don't get the jag done are choosing to breed whether the inital mating was accidental or not.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2009, 03:38 PM
Well, I will answer back on topic...

I have had 2 dogs from pup, from a breeder.

If we were to get another dog, I would, more than likely, look for a young Boxer in rescue.

I feel I've done the 'puppy' thing now, and to be honest, as much as I love puppies, they are blinkin' hard work!
I'd rather have a young dog and be able to integrate it into our family and start off training as soon as possible.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Possibly if the person could've been saved but the driver didn't stop or call for the emergency services.

An accidental mating can be terminated by the jag - those who don't get the jag done are choosing to breed whether the inital mating was accidental or not.
but what if they didnt realise she was pregnant until it was too late? or if they dont agree with the jag? or what if they dont know about the jag? if people arent planning to breed, they wont necessarily know things like that. i know i didnt until i read it on here a wee while ago.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2009, 04:16 PM
Both of my dogs are rescues and that's the way I'll always go
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-10-2009, 04:49 PM
but what if they didnt realise she was pregnant until it was too late? or if they dont agree with the jag? or what if they dont know about the jag? if people arent planning to breed, they wont necessarily know things like that. i know i didnt until i read it on here a wee while ago.
Then they would have bred a litter.

So, here's a thought,

What if a multiple breeder has an accidental litter........ what does that make, them????????

I.E .. she has two bitches has bred in the past, has one bitch in whelp (planned) and one she had no intention of breeding, yet gets caught, and has a litter (accidental)

What is she, is she a breeder to one bitch and not to the other?????????
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2009, 04:52 PM

So, here's a thought,

What if a multiple breeder has an accidental litter........ what does that make, them????????
do you mean someone who has purposely bred and then had an accidental litter or someone who has multiple accidental litters?

the first would be a breeder. the second would be an idiot.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2009, 04:54 PM

So, here's a thought,

I.E .. she has two bitches has bred in the past, has one bitch in whelp (planned) and one she had no intention of breeding, yet gets caught, and has a litter (accidental)

What is she, is she a breeder to one bitch and not to the other?????????
well, she is still a breeder, no matter if one was planned and one wasnt... the planned one makes her a breeder...
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2009, 04:57 PM
Back to the topic....

I got mine from a breeder as I like to show them. I wouldn't rule out having a rescue but it means I would have to have care in place for the rescue dog for when I am at shows, so at the moment wouldn't be practical for me. In a couple of years I plan to breed, but I will make sure I have the interest first. If I do go ahead and breed from Rio I already do have three homes lined up and that's two years before the event.
Page 11 of 12 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 >