Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2013, 07:33 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread New Years Day

Good Morning to all you lovely Dogsey Peops &

I'm sure a lot of you are still in bed, after last night's celebrations, and although we didn't intend to see in the New Year, there were so many fireworks going on around here, that I got up to watch them from the window. My neighbours put theirs out on the front, but thankfully, they were the "normal" type of fireworks, not those illegal, booming ones that some people get hold of which shake your whole house. I was worried for Zena as they went on so long, and although I went back to bed, the bright flashings through the curtains and the noise, was enough to make her lay in bed with her head up, breathing heavily, probably wondering what the heck was going on, and she'd better stay on guard duty in case something terrible was about to happen to me I got up and took her into the back of the bungalow and got some biscuits out and her tail was wagging, she wasn't bothered, but they must have gone on for an hour. Hope your dogs weren't too bothered, but I do know how much they can suffer as I've had one myself.

Well, it's all looking good outside, clear skies here, and they've promised us a whole week of DRY weather, which could even mean the appearance of that sun here and there. Then it all changed when I saw the forecast on the news just now where they've put a strip of rain travelling across the country for today You'd think with all their high tech weather forecasting equipment the forecast would stay the same overnight wouldn't you, but sadly it hasn't I don't believe them, I'm sure we're all in for a lovely day.

We're off on a new walk this morning, still down on the beach, but we're going further along to take another walk which has a pathway underneath the cliffs, and then we can walk back along the sand as the tide will be right today.

Enjoy your new year's day, hope there are no hangovers out there and hope all those terrified doglets have woken up nice and calm again for you.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2013, 08:10 AM
Good morning Helena. Thankful we don't have fireworks here.

Collie is having a barkie and pee day; no idea why so have medicated her, mopped up the positive sea of pee, and taken them a walk and given them an extra feed. This happens with this dog and no idea why; some bad memory maybe from her early days.
Hoping she settles as I am still suffering with neuralgia...

What a start to the year indeed but it is lighter earlier now which I am happier with for their walks.

Noisy night and early hours gale wise. It changes by the minute
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2013, 08:25 AM
Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooo Morning. well night actually we have only just seen in the New Year, 12.24am here!! we saw the NY in sat on the sofa watching a Harry Potter eating homemade chocolate cake!!! start the year off as we mean to carry on.

Fireworks going off all around, once they quieten down Tilly will be ok to go out for a pee, then we shall be off to bed.

Happy New Year everyone xx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2013, 08:38 AM
Morning H and all, and I wish you a Happy and Lucky New Year.
Fireworks finally stopped round here about 2.30am but kyiro was so scared he still wouldn't go out to the toilet so I headed to bed. 6am he woke me wanting to go out so I have been up since. I amazingly don't feel tired though even though I have probably only had 2.5 hours sleep. I have lots to do today so I expect it will catch up with me later .

Had a text from Charly wishing me Happy New Year at 7.30 this morning and thought my goodness they are up early, but apparently they were just getting back to the hotel, so I presume they had a good night and won't be doing much sight seeing after all today .

Lynn and any poorly peeps I hope you are feeling better today.

Now I must go and buy that winning Euro millions ticket for tonight. That would start my year off brilliantly

Have a good day everyone.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-01-2013, 08:53 AM
Good morning fellow members, wishing you all a happy and healthy new year

Thank goodness it has stopped raining .Just got back with Chloe from our early walk both caked in mud, Chloe is cleaned and dried off my turn next as I head for the shower .

Enjoy your day everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-01-2013, 08:58 AM
Morning Helena and everyone.
Happy New Year to you all.

We had fireworks around midnight we had gone to bed we listened for Dillon but he didn't stir but he isn't
noise phobic which surprised the vet but was happy he isn't.

DD I like your style.
Bev hopefully you and Kyiro will have a better night tonight.
Dillon managed till 6 this morning Gorden got up to him and the barking although he is still doing it is a bit less .
We are just back from a lovely walk we decided to go up the road to another field in walking distance and a lot drier than the one outside the front door.
Not sure why we have never used it before all the years we have lived here and had dogs.
Dillon got a good run then walk home now he is barking at
Gorden to sit down so he can nibble his jumper.

We are thinking about seeing if there may be a garden centre open today to wander round as we ware beginning to feel a bit better and fed up being cooped up.

Enjoy your day everyone and stay safe.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2013, 08:58 AM
All is well here; I am drained and sick after yesterday's events family wise, and along night awaiting news and need a HUG...

The messages coming in overnight as there were distances to travel to get to the accident place were of serious critical injuries to two of family; a drunk driver racing the wrong way down a one way street ( he is now in jail as he should be)

Too long a saga and I am shaking now it is all over,, incredibly the women who were seriously and critically hurt had the same Christian names and were in a second car that was hit. Ours have minor injuries thankfully.

Only learned the full story after 7 am this morning. After posting that stay safe thread too...
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-01-2013, 08:59 AM
Happy New Year everyone.................

Saw it in with a couple of friends , . thankfully the fireworks did not last to long, and we managed to get to bed soon after.

Weather is OK as yet, no rain for now anyway .

Have a good one folks......
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2013, 09:03 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Helena and everyone.
Happy New Year to you all.

We had fireworks around midnight we had gone to bed we listened for Dillon but he didn't stir but he isn't
noise phobic which surprised the vet but was happy he isn't.

DD I like your style.
Bev hopefully you and Kyiro will have a better night tonight.
Dillon managed till 6 this morning Gorden got up to him and the barking although he is still doing it is a bit less .
We are just back from a lovely walk we decided to go up the road to another field in walking distance and a lot drier than the one outside the front door.
Not sure why we have never used it before all the years we have lived here and had dogs.
Dillon got a good run then walk home now he is barking at
Gorden to sit down so he can nibble his jumper.

We are thinking about seeing if there may be a garden centre open today to wander round as we ware beginning to feel a bit better and fed up being cooped up.

Enjoy your day everyone and stay safe.
Lovely idea; I am out tomorrow and so looking forward to it,, new places then shopping.... INK CARTRIDGES!!!

Need the air and maybe even a beach walk as Helena has whetted my appetite for it.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2013, 09:10 AM
Good morning all and massive <hugs> to Rose.

We heard four fireworks last night. Three at midnight and, for some reason, one 20 minutes or so later. Rosie gave a few of her unsure quiet woofs, but settled quickly.

The recession didn't seem to hit the fireworks display in London. All that money going up in smoke. It really does make me angry when I see vital services being cut because we're supposed to be skint

You are never going to believe this (well, I can't anyway), Rosie didn't get me up until 8.20 am - a first and I hope not a last

Sunny with lovely blue skies here. Going into town later and will probably have a Mcd's midway through.

Thankfully, we can now get back to normal after all the Christmas/New Year celebrations. I love Christmas, but am always pleased when it's over. I'm not superstitious at all so the tree and stuff will all go back in the loft either today or tomorrow and even the house will look normal again.

Happy New Year all. Hope the tablets kick in soon for all those with hangovers. Have a good day today whatever you have planned and stay safe xx
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »