Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-04-2006, 09:22 PM

Pets At Home shop

I'm having my first ever trip to Pets at Home tomorrow and I'm getting quite excited. What must-have buys should I look out for?

I'm going mainly to look at carriers or crates to go in the car but I'm sure I'll have a good browse while I'm there.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2006, 09:26 PM
Oh they have allsorts there - you will have a good time We went last night to get some more dog food after my stupid sister got me some puppy food for Benji even though he is two years old I looked down and there was a budgie sat on the floor near me - it must have got out when they went into the aviary and it was having the time of its life flying round everywhere
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2006, 09:29 PM
Last time we went we bought a budgie!!

I often have to go in just for a wander round, I love looking at collars and leads!
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2006, 08:51 AM
I just love Pets @ Home and we always take our girls along they have so much for you to buy I advice you leave your purse at home LOL

Have a good time xx
Molly2606
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2006, 08:53 AM
Pets at home is great although i thought it was expensive for crates and carriers when i went
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-04-2006, 11:02 AM
Try taking your pooch with ya-its quite an experience when its hyperactive...

The food isles and small furrys sections are by far the most instresting (for your dog atleast!).
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2006, 11:31 AM
Well it sounds like it's just our local PAH which is utter pants then.

I think that in a way they do have more, obviously the smaller pet shops can't hold as much stuff and it's nice because there's more space so even if you have a daft pooch like mine you can till take him/her with you.

But, I do find that whenever I ask the staff anything, they look at me gone out as if I'm mad and I think it would be a real shame if somewhere like that ended up shutting the smaller places down as these are the places where the pet shop owner (usually) has a wealth of experience and knowledge.

Also, our PAH is a bit pants for when you want something particular, you can go in and think 'wow! there's loads here!' but then if I go in for something in particular, I can never find it. And I don't think that my local one at least, has much in the way of crates/carriers.

But hope you enjoy it anyway! Sorry it was so negative!
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2006, 02:34 PM
I hate pets at home on many levels and have complained to head office more than once. loose birds - which is hazardous to all involved, poorly kept animals. I don't know about what they sell - but i am shocked at the way they breed and keep their animals

still - have a good time... I seem to remember them being quite goodfor loose treats (in the bins etc)

xx
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-04-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Oh they have allsorts there - you will have a good time We went last night to get some more dog food after my stupid sister got me some puppy food for Benji even though he is two years old I looked down and there was a budgie sat on the floor near me - it must have got out when they went into the aviary and it was having the time of its life flying round everywhere

That wouldn't be the pets at home in oldham by any chance?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2006, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by sjs679
That wouldn't be the pets at home in oldham by any chance?

Yes how did you guess?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >