Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-08-2009, 07:10 AM

Lady has broken a tooth!

Hi

Just on our way out of the door to the vets. Lady had a pigs ear last night and she must have had a really hard bit as she has broken one of her teeth. It is in the top jaw, on the left in the middle and is broken inside the gum.

She had some bleeding with it last night but none so far this morning and we are due at the vets at 9am. I suspect they will keep her in and put her under while they take the tooth out and stitch her gum. God knows what Robbie will be like while we sit at home and wait for the vets to call to say how she is. Cross your fingers for me, he panics when we are out walking and one of us turns a corner with Lady and he can't see her!

Will update when I get back from dropping her off.

Karen
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2009, 07:50 AM
My Inca did that after running into the coffee table chasing Tonto, it's solid marble..... and yes it was a removed under anaesthetic and she was fine.
Hoping it will all go well and she'll be home soon xx
lakeland_lass
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-08-2009, 08:06 AM
Oh poor Lady!

Sure she will be home in no time! Hugs from me.
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Me and Robbie are back.

Lady has had to stay in while they put her under and take the tooth out. The vet said that it was broken at the root so would need to cut the gum to get to the tooth and the root but shouldn't be a problem.

Lady and Robbie haven't been separated since the rescue centre put them together last November and wasn't sure how Robbie would be without her. So far he has been ok. My Mum and Dad live near the vet so called in there for a brew on the way home and Robbie peed up their living room door and then settled down on the rug in the living room. Just got home and he walked round the house looking for Lady and has settled on the sofa bed in the back bedroom where she normally lies.

The vets will ring me at 1.30/2pmish to say how she is and when I can pick her up.

Karen
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-08-2009, 01:19 PM
The vets have just rung and Lady is doing great and I can pick her up at 4.

I didn't need to worry about Robbie missing her, she normally lies on the sofa bed and so far he has alternated between there and on our bed and hasn't cried for her once! So much for love!

Karen
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Lady is home , one tooth lighter and we are £150 lighter - thank heavens for insurance!

She has had her scrambled egg and pasta and is dozing on her bed and enjoying the fuss!

She is quite groggy and not quite there in her eyes but I'm sure she will be back to jumping 5 foot in the air tomorrow when the leads come out for a walk!

She will get more kisses and hugs when her daddy gets home from work.

Karen
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2009, 04:55 PM
Poor Lady....Glad it's all over now though, and she's back home with you

Well Done to Robbie too, for being such a good boy! x
Merz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-08-2009, 07:26 PM
Good to hear Lady is back home and all is well