Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2024, 08:39 AM

Saturday 2nd March 2024

Morning all. It's raining, it's pouring and Barry is maybe snoring or even Gorden or Steve. lol!! Anyway yep rain again. No surprise there then. Off maybe to see friend Hayley today the one with Church the dog. Just hope I don't get to wet going there. Have a good day everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-03-2024, 09:24 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
It isn't raining here (yet) brenda, but Gorden was snoring and punched himself in the nose during the night.
Honestly it wasn't me that punched him.

We were on our way out yesterday and driving down the road and I glanced to my right (Gorden was driving) and I shouted Bernese puppy, so we turned in the next road did a swing round turned right then left into another side road catch up and stop.
He was adorable and 5 months old we had a lovely fuss.
I asked Gorden how he had felt and he said sad as did I as this is how it should have been with our Brewster, out for a leisurely stroll meeting people. Not him confined to the garden then to the indoors to recover from his orthopedic issues.
He is a stunning puppy and his name is Goose. We may well be seeing him out and about again.

brenda fingers crossed you stay dry and enjoy your time with Church.

Have a good Saturday everyone.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2024, 10:03 AM
Good morning all

Off to the dentist then into the farm shop for my bread. Hair and eyebrows done yesterday so happy bunny here.

Raining here as well.

Brenda have a nice visit with Church.

Lynn Thats a fantastic name Goose, sure you will soon become great friends humans and dog. You are bound to feel sad having had you dreams destroyed so to speak. But you made the best choice for all involved.

Have a good day all catch you later dentist at 11am
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2024, 10:51 AM
Good morning everyone

Hope you don't get wet going to visit your friend Brenda

Good luck at he dentist Kazz

Hugs Lynn it must be difficult for you still seeing a puppy but in your hearts you know it was the best for both of you.

Yes another wet day here too. Did manage to get out with Teazle in a brief lull from it but it rained before we got home. Also been to the retail park for a battery for a clock and a starter for a fluorescent tube.

Take care everyne.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2024, 12:01 PM
Good morning all

Dry here this morning but dull and very cold again. Had our full outing this morning though so a lot better. Ted did not like the wind though and on the way back when we were headed into it, he decided he wanted to ride more than walk

We are already seeing quite a bit of calming since the castration which is making life a bit easier with him. Hopefully a bit more to come. His appetite has also got to more like how it should be, ie, he eats his meals so another plus

If the weather forecast holds, we may be able to get our first breakfast of the season up on the prom. Love their breakfasts and what could be nicer that eating it overlooking the sea?

Still no word from social services which Gary is getting frustrated about, but, as I keep trying to tell him, the wheels grind very slowly when trying to get any answers from them
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-03-2024, 02:02 PM
Kazz it's a great name isn't it ? Glad you're happy with hair and eyebrows, hope the dentist visit went well.
This pesky rain Sue hoping you and Teazle didn't get too wet.
Chris glad you are beginning to see improvement with Ted. Fingers crossed for breakfasts on the prom.
Ahhhh yes social services are not the fastest.

We popped out this morning Saturdays are not good days at the moment, they will get better the same as Mondays are not so bad now.
We had a chat about how we felt after meeting Goose yesterday and we both feel we need another go what are the chances of having the same problems ? 1 in a 1000 we think and we spoke about all the positive stuff we had started to achieve with Brewster before the arthroscopic procedure and house arrest for 4 weeks.
We were saying if he had been allowed in and out into the garden with no restriction he may well have been better than he became, and maybe he saw us as his jailors ?
We popped out to get things from the freezer the door was shut on him so whoever came back in got the bad behaviour Gorden the worst of it.
When he could go out it was in and out on a lead for 8 weeks.

Mad or not we are going to start saving and look into rescue for a youngster or go down the puppy route again maybe import I have a FB friend who knows the Eastern European breeders very well as well as UK breeders and will help us with pedigrees.
We said the things we had planned we need to do and try to grab back what we lost through no one's fault.
So watch this space.

Off to make sausage rolls for Monday lunch with Freya, might make a tea loaf too.
Tomorrow I am catching up with Beth I haven't seen her in so long and we are doing ladies that lunch.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2024, 05:34 PM
Lynn you have cheered up my Saturday so now in your house Saturday is "SOLUTION DAY"
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-03-2024, 07:16 PM
Awwww thank you Kazz. It seems Saturday has been a solution day.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2024, 08:42 PM
I'm glad you have decided to give it another go Lynn. You have sounded so down lately.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2024, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I'm glad you have decided to give it another go Lynn. You have sounded so down lately.
Down but not out Chris