Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2010, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by gemsoph View Post
yes i want her to have 1 litter its like thats what she needs as she keeps having fantom pregnancys after each season. I was there when they mated and tryed to clam both dogs. my bitch was yelping as if it was hurting and when they both seperated the males manhood was still really big it hadnt gone down while inside my dog. My dog is still bleeding is this the time they can get pregnant? And how will i know if she is having pups? ty
Is this a wind up? You don`t even understand the reproductive cycle of dogs, you can`t put a coherent sentence together and you rely on old wives tales to make a decision about forcing your dog to mate.
I sincerely hope you`re a troll.
gyalis_star
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-05-2010, 12:25 PM
It seems to me that a lot of people on here are just trying to frighten you,yes your dog can have pregnancy complications but then again so can all mammels,birds fish etc alike. Just because ur dog is on heat and mated does not mean that its pregnant both the boy and or girl could be sterile. Ul know ur pup is pregnant because her nipples will grow longer her breast will enlarge and her stomach will protrude much them same was as if you were pregnant if u squeeze the abdomen after a few weeks you should also feel the pups forming inside the mother. I hope that helps and you haven't been bullied into spaying as it seems so many people have tried to do
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2010, 12:26 PM
This lady may be genuinely in need of help and advice.

I think she realises now that it may not be a simple as it seems.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2010, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by gyalis_star View Post
It seems to me that a lot of people on here are just trying to frighten you,yes your dog can have pregnancy complications but then again so can all mammels,birds fish etc alike. Just because ur dog is on heat and mated does not mean that its pregnant both the boy and or girl could be sterile. Ul know ur pup is pregnant because her nipples will grow longer her breast will enlarge and her stomach will protrude much them same was as if you were pregnant if u squeeze the abdomen after a few weeks you should also feel the pups forming inside the mother. I hope that helps and you haven't been bullied into spaying as it seems so many people have tried to do
No body is bullying anyone, Gemsoph has asked for advice and it has been given.

Due to the fact that she holds very little knowledge of breeding, the implications of this, the costs that can be involved, and the sheer heartbreak of potentially losing your beloved dog just to stop phantom pregnancies and the fact that she is in contact with an entire male who is persistent all points to having her dog speyed to save all this.

Giving your scant knowledge you have exhibited i cant help but think you are of the variety that crosees their fingers and hopes for the best and ends up having a dog suffer needlessly....
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2010, 12:35 PM
And by the time the signs are there she's in whelp its too late to stop it. The fact the dogs arent health tested is enough for my to say not to do it.
Bullmastiiffs suffer from Hip Dysplcia, PRA Elbow Dysplacia and all these need to be tested for.
If the op does go ahead with the litter is she prepared to pay the vets bills when the pups go wrong after they've been sold.
Like it or not we live in a litigation society and NO one should be breeding from un tested dogs OR bitches, for the sake of the puppies.

By the way I'm not anti breeding I actually breed my welsh.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2010, 12:39 PM
I was in no way shape or form trying to frighten the OP,

I am a breeder, the cost involved even when things go well are massive, more so with very large breed pups,

given the OP's already said they do not know anything about breeding I feel its a good idea to stop this early,
or at the very least get a good breeder onside,
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

The OP deliberately mated her bitch without even bothering to find out anything about canine reproduction. That says it all for me.
gemsoph
Dogsey Junior
Female 

I really do appreciate everyones advise and im seriously thinking about what to do. And as for Claireanddaisy, i am not a troll and i do no how a dogs reproductive cycle works i am not that stupid, i am on here for help not to be bullied, i care about my dog and love her very much.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Maybe it would be best to get your bitch spayed, or have the miss-mate injection for her, and then spayed at a later date, although remember sometimes the injection can bring a bitch back into season!
Just because she has been having phantoms, is not a real or responsible reason for her to have a litter - Having a litter is the most stressful, and dangerous time of a bitches life..These things should not be taken lightly.
You have to sit and think to your self about, alsort of things!
What would you do if you could not find homes for all the puppies, would you be able to afford to keep them? or would you be adding to the many many rescues centres bursting at the doors.
If your bitch needed an emergancy c-section could you afford a £1000 for this?
Do you have experience, time and money to raise a well balanced litter of puppies.
Do you have money to take pups back if owners can no longer keep them?
Did you know if you sell puppies that go on to have problems you could have tested for then you CAN be taken to court by the owners of the pups.
are you perpared to stay with the bitch for up to 2weeks before she is ready to whelp, and with pups until they leave (if you can find them homes)..
Can you afford to buy all the correct equipment for your bitch and pups, like whelping boxes, play pens, extra food for bitch and pups when they need weaning! ect!
Also does your bitch have the right tempermant for breeding, did the male?

Apart from all that think about your reason for breeding and your morals and ethics..You are breeding for a irresponsible reason..There are breeders out there that breed for the betterment of there breed, that want to improve health ect, so do you think pup buyers would choose to buy from you than a decent breeder who thought out the litter to the last T!

Please consider your options here, dont have a litter for the sake of it..its hard work, heart ache and time/money consuming.
Not all whelpings are text book whelps..
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2010, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by gemsoph View Post
I really do appreciate everyones advise and im seriously thinking about what to do. And as for Claireanddaisy, i am not a troll and i do no how a dogs reproductive cycle works i am not that stupid, i am on here for help not to be bullied, i care about my dog and love her very much.
Gemsoph, please dont feel as though you are being bullied. Unfortunately the reputation of this site as being a passionate about dogs kinda place does throw up the odd person who comes on trying to wind people up. This leads people to become defensive.

We are all here to help you and offer our advice so feel free to ask us any questions you have.
Page 4 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »