View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ellenlouise
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-10-2006, 08:49 PM
This is such a wonderful thread and if Dinky wants to visit Gloucester he is more than welcome.
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2006, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by ellenlouise View Post
This is such a wonderful thread and if Dinky wants to visit Gloucester he is more than welcome.
Aww thank you. There should be another adventure hot off the press in time for Halloween..then who knows??
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2006, 09:38 AM
Dinky’s Spooky Scottish Surprise!

Dinky was just so fed up, as he seemed to float for days and days high up in the clouds. He searched in his pockets to see if he could find anymore of Jojo’s magic dust but all he found was a little white handkerchief and a half eaten packet of malteasers! Occasionally a friendly bird would fly past and call out hello and once Dinky thought he caught sight of his friend Albie the Albatross, alas if it was Albert he didn’t see or hear Dinky calling out. Dinky drifted in and out of sleep and dreamed about all of his friends and the adventures that he’s been on. He woke up again to see that he was above land and down below he could just make out the feint glow of fires. I wonder what’s going on? He thought to himself as slowly the wind eased off and he began to descend towards the ground. As he got lower still he started to recognise the countryside…it was Ayrshire in Scotland, known as the Burns’ Country.

Dinky met up again with his friend Eunice and this time she introduced him to her five dogs Rye, Pellow and Ludmilla the Borzois, Brodie and Faun the little Dachies and Keri the Birman Cat. Eunice told Dinky that tonight it was Halloween and people dressed up as witches, warlocks and ghosts and make pumpkin lamps. Eunice explained to Dinky that people have Halloween parties and that some of the children go around dressed up doing ‘trick or treat’ and that people tell each other very scary stories about witches and ghosts and things.

Dinky and Eunice and her Gang went to visit some of the places on the Burns’ Heritage Trail including the cottage in Alloway where Burns was Born and the Kirkyard at Alloway. Eunice told Dinky about the tale of “Tam O’Shanter” which is a very long (21 verses poem) written by Robert Burns in which Tam O’Shanter went out to a hostelry (a pub) to have a drink with his cronies (friends) one night and his wife had warned him not to drink too much as he had a long way to ride home (in those days there were no cars or trains or busses). But Tam did not listen to his wife he was having such a good time drinking with all his cronies. But outside of the hostelry the wind had risen and there was thunder and lightening. Eventually Tam left the inn and climbed onto his horse, a grey mare named Meg, and as he rode towards his home through mud and mire he had to pass the Kirkyard at Alloway, which was haunted by ghosts and witches. As he rode past the thunder roared and the lightening flashed and he heard the skirl of the pipes and saw the witches and warlocks dancing Scottish reels and strathspeys when all of a sudden a roar went up “Well Done Cutty-Sark” and in an instant all went dark. Then a witch named Nannie who could run the fastest of them all leaped over the Kirkyard wall and chased after Tam and his auld mare Meg. It is said that witches cannot cross running water so Tam and Meg were anxious to reach the bridge and get across before Nannie caught them. They reached the keystone of the Bridge and Meg leaped in the air and managed to get Tam to Safety on the other side, but Nannie had caught her tail, and as Meg leapt she was left with just a stump. Poor old Meg!

Eunice told Dinky the Tam O’Shanter poem, the last verse of the poem reads

No what this tale O’ truth shall read,
each man and mother’s son, take heed;
When e’er to drink you are inclined
Or Cutty–Sark’s run in your mind,
Think! Ye may buy the joys o-er dear,
Remember Tam O’Shanter’s mare.

Dinky thought the story was very scary and felt sorry for poor old Meg. Eunice told him that it was only a story and not all witches are bad ones, you get good ones too! Dinky was glad about that as they were having a Halloween party and there was lot’s of witches there. A friendly witch called Cassandra came up to Dinky to chat with him. Cassandra had a black cat called Mog, and she and Mog had arrived at Eunice’s house on her broomstick. Dinky soon found that Cassandra and Mog were really very nice and ever so funny. Soon they were chatting away and enjoying all the food that Eunice had prepared for them. Dinky really liked the pumpkin soup and he ate a huge bowl full. Cassandra listened very carefully to Dinky as he told her about all of his adventures and how he missed Megan. He said that it was going to be Megan’s birthday very soon and he wondered what she would be doing and hoped that she would get some nice presents. Cassandra looked down at Mog and he purred and pushed his head under Cassandra’s hand for her to stroke him. Cassandra winked at Mog and then went off to talk to Eunice. After a short time she came back and asked Dinky if he would like to go for a ride on her broomstick with Mog. Dinky wasn’t too sure at first but, when Eunice told him that it would be fine on he climbed and Mog sat just behind them. They all said thank you to Eunice and off they soared high into the night sky. They flew for hours in the night sky and now and again they could see the lights far down below and the gentle glow of fires. “Twooo watch out” called an owl as he flew silently in the night sky. “Sorry” called Cassandra as she made her broomstick dip sharply out of the way. “Oi, be careful” said Mog, “whoa” said Dinky as he struggled to keep his balance. They continued on their journey having a few more near misses and Dinky was greatly relieved when he saw the shape of an old friend approaching them. It was the wise old Welsh Dragon and his shape appeared to fill the entire sky as he drew nearer still. But, who or what was that on his back…It was George, Ailsa’s son who Dinky had met when he visited Anglesey and Penmom Lighthouse. “Woof, woof” said Saturn the lovely Black Flat Coat Retriever as he poked his head around George’s shoulder. “ What on Earth are you all doing here” enquired Dinky. “Well” said the Dragon George went for a trip to Chester Zoo with his mum and he saw a Dinky balloon just like you and he wanted to help get you back home to Megan. Anyway George had gone to bed and was dreaming about how he could help you Dinky” The wise old Dragon went on to explain that because it was Halloween and a very magical night, with the help of one of Cassandra’s spell’s he would be able to make George’s dream come true and get Dinky home to Megan. But, they were only allowed to grant one wish and because it would soon be dawn Cassandra must return home with Mog before sunrise. So the Dragon was going to take them the rest of the journey home. As it was George’s wish, George and Saturn had to come on the journey with them, but George was actually asleep now and might not be able to remember the adventure in the morning. Dinky quickly said goodbye and thank you to Cassandra and Mog, as he jumped onto the Dragon’s back with George and Saturn. In hardly any time at all they were flying over the Cumbrian fells. As they approached Megan’s house the hens had already got up and squawked running back inside their coup as the Dragon soared above them. Dinky was sooo excited as he got off the Dragon’s back and waved goodbye to his friends. Saturn barked goodbye and George’s eyes slowly closed again as the Dragon flew back up into the clouds to take them home again. Rat-a-tat-tat, Dinky knocked on the door and waited….

Megan just couldn't believe who it was knocking at the door!

but she wasn't going to let him go.....

Megan would like to say a special thank you to all of her friends on Dogsey that have helped Dinky on his travels and she wonders "do you like my Halloween costume"

XXXX
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2006, 09:51 AM
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
george will absolutely love that Kath!!! :smt001
It brought a tear to my eye.
I do hope Megan enjoys having Dinky home!!!!!!!!! (And nothing untoward happens to him with....well....ya know!!!!!!!!!! :smt002 :smt002 :smt002 :smt002 )
Ailsa xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2006, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by Ailsa1 View Post
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
george will absolutely love that Kath!!! :smt001
It brought a tear to my eye.
I do hope Megan enjoys having Dinky home!!!!!!!!! (And nothing untoward happens to him with....well....ya know!!!!!!!!!! :smt002 :smt002 :smt002 :smt002 )
Ailsa xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Glad you like it Ailsa..hope George does too

Now ideas for Dinky 2

Kath XX
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

31-10-2006, 12:04 PM
Wow Kath you have really done it this time what a great story I love Happy endings me. You really have a way with words. Megan looks absolutely delighted to have Dinky back from his adventures. Her halloween costume is super. Tell her to hold on tight to Dinky cause you just never know . Give her and all the felines and canines my love and big soppy licks from my gang. Tell Dinky I miss him already. Eunice
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2006, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
Wow Kath you have really done it this time what a great story I love Happy endings me. You really have a way with words. Megan looks absolutely delighted to have Dinky back from his adventures. Her halloween costume is super. Tell her to hold on tight to Dinky cause you just never know . Give her and all the felines and canines my love and big soppy licks from my gang. Tell Dinky I miss him already. Eunice
Thanks Eunice for all your help..it was fun to do.

Loads of hugs and kisses have been administered on your behalf to all concerned.

XX
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2006, 09:24 PM
tell dinky that ben and the cats say hello and we enjoyed our time together.
is there going to be a *son of dinky* as im pretty sure he got friendly with a lady dino down south
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

31-10-2006, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
tell dinky that ben and the cats say hello and we enjoyed our time together.
is there going to be a *son of dinky* as im pretty sure he got friendly with a lady dino down south
Now that's an idea or perhaps a whole Dinky Family adventure him and his lady down south and the offspring.
What do you think Kath.
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2006, 10:18 PM
Cathy and Eunice..what are you like I'll have you know that the old brain cells are working (well working is probably too strong a word for my grey matter, more just ambling along), comtemplating magical Dinky adventures when he's asleep and dreams (or not) new adventures. Don't think Megan will let him out of her sight for some time..he's currently tied down to the bannister

Kath XX
Page 20 of 22 « First < 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 >