Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2010, 11:22 AM

I did it....

well today asbo had is very first offlead walk

have to say he didnt live up to his name and was a little angel!

he had a good run about chasing daphni, was never quick enough to catch her mind, but sure that wont last long

with the power of cheese he came back every time he was called. think daphni helped here because she comes back straight away, so if he did falter he'd soon follow her lead and come running

really proud of him its made him walk better on lead too, he wouldnt walk very far with his lead on, but he walked straight away as soon as i put his lead back on, and didnt stop until we got to the front door.

very proud of my baby boy
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2010, 01:12 PM
*Claps* that's excellent news! I think it certainly helps having a dog who comes back well for him to copy. Well done asbo (are you gonna have to change his name now as he's been so good? )
Keep up the good work little man, and well done for walking so well on the lead too
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2010, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
*Claps* that's excellent news! I think it certainly helps having a dog who comes back well for him to copy. Well done asbo (are you gonna have to change his name now as he's been so good? )
Keep up the good work little man, and well done for walking so well on the lead too
yeah not bad for 11 weeks old haha im not changing his name again lol only just got used to saying asbo but hes doing me proud so far
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2010, 01:19 PM
For 11 weeks that brilliant! It's so scary letting them off the first time, just did it Saturday with Ax, but such a relief when they're still there at the end of the walk!
Glad he's doing so well and looking forward to more updates
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2010, 01:31 PM
Well done you for taking the plunge! I remember it well, heart in mouth but having a 2nd dog really does help, it did for me anyway. I did this on the 2nd day I had mine at 10 weeks old and I've never looked back, she sticks to me like glue now! Now you can do it without any fear
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2010, 01:34 PM
Well done!! Cheese doesnt work for me anymore - I think Louie's nose is broken or seletive - he smells what he wants to smell :L Good for you and Asbo