Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
PrinessBessy
New Member!
Female 

18-02-2009, 02:01 PM

Dog clothing

Thought it would be intresting to see what all you guys think of dog clothing?
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2009, 02:08 PM
For warmth in some breeds but not for fashion they not dolls
feater
New Member!
Female 

18-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Agree that for warmth and to keep dry for toy dogs. I have recently given in and bought 2 coats for my 5 month old CKCS. Too cold and wet for walks and would be jumping at my back legs before getting to the park!
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2009, 02:19 PM
Our old girl wears a coat on chilly days, and the others do if they're just on a lead walk in very cold weather, but I'd never coat them up just to look nice. We have some fancy martingale collars, but the design of these collars is really practical, so the aesthetic appeal is incidental!

I don't like to see dogs in tutu-things, tight tracksuit tops that ruche up around their legs, dresses that drag along the floor and hats and glasses - it must be really irritating for them, and it's so pointless!
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2009, 02:34 PM
My two gsds dont wear coats generally but when im at shows and they or one of them is left in the car on cold days then yes they where medium thickness coats-no silly design though! they also wear them on cold days when im in a queue at shows to keep muscles warm. some people laugh when they see yoda in a coat in a queue(hes long haired gsd) but if hes just stood about waiting then i cant keep his muscles warm and their is more chance of an injury.
I dont like to see dogs in sill hoodies etc
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2009, 02:54 PM
my 2 wear coats when cold - to be fair even though nick is aBC he's 12 and feels the cold.... millies just wussy sometimes.....

as for fashion..... yes i would put a little cute jacket on her but i think her being a springer i would get the pi55 taken out of me
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2009, 03:01 PM
Mo wears a coat if it is wet or cold but that is all.

I hate seeing dogs dressed up, they are not humans or dolls. I even hate bandanas, sorry if that offends anyone
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2009, 03:56 PM
We have coats for all circumstances, rain, extreme cold, cold and rain, sun etc etc.

I'm not against dressing up for fun, photos etc but not something I would do normally.

I personally don't mind bandanas but don't have any, they would probably eat them if they did!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2009, 04:00 PM
just to add too - millie hada army bandana and she looked wicked but funniliy enough - it disappeared...(i blame my mum tbh..)!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2009, 04:01 PM
For warmth, but not as some sort of fashion statement
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >