View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Not particularly... I'm not very observant tbh but like I said to the vet, she doesn't drink frequently but when she does she drinks the whole bowl full, she's always hungry (although has recently put weight on) and people I walk with comment on how much she wees on walks (I always assumed she was marking as it only started during a season a few months ago before she was spayed).
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2008, 02:19 PM
Well the good news: her urine is clear of glucose in today's sample

The bad news is the amount of money it's going to cost me to send the sample off to the lab for the whole works (we decided as she is insured to just get it tested for everything and get it dealt with asap).
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2008, 02:34 PM
It is such a worry when something is wrong and you don't know what, once you know you can set about treating it. Hope the lab will come up with a nice bug that is easily treatable and you will then see an improvement within 24 hours of starting on the new AB's.

Bitches do wee more around and during their seasons so that is normal, but leaking is not and she will burn her skin if she is continually wet, poor girl.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Thanks Jackie,

I know, the thing is, she creates puddles when she's asleep and then gets up wet and doesn't know what to do with herself.

I'm just thankful that she's not too distressed when she does it - give her another cushion or blanket and she just settles down again. But I have made a point of ignoring it as opposed to drawing attention to it in the hope that she doesn't get upset.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2008, 06:44 PM
You could check between her back legs to make sure the skin is not getting red and sore, if it is use one of the creams you use on babies bums or zink and caster oil.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2008, 07:57 PM
Thanks Jackie,
She's not red or sore at the moment (she does a lot of cleaning down there though so it's probably that that would make her sore as opposed to urine burns!) but I have sudocrem on standby!
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2008, 10:47 PM
If you can afford it you can buy incontinent pads from Boots, put them in an old pillowcase on top of a vet bed or washable blanket then put a large plastic bag underneath to protect your floor. This will keep the top surface that the dog lays on will be dry.
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2008, 08:09 AM
I hope things are sorted out soon. Fingers crossed for these test results.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2008, 10:04 AM
Thanks Jackie - will give it a try

Thanks Fliggle x
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2