Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sansorrella
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-02-2006, 06:28 PM

Northern Inuit Rig pulls/topic split thread from Malamute/GSD thread

Sue - we must have a get together with others interested in getting the NI to pull rigs. Mo (with mals) has been very helpful and given me some guidlines to get us started - not sure they mentioned what to do if the dogs suddenly see a rabbit on the run though. lol Looking forward to giving it a go though. Its going to be a busy summer cos I am also going to get my Timber (of Heelwork to Music fame) doing agility and flyball.
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2006, 06:54 PM
im keeping my eye out for a secondhand rig or scooter, rose gallagher too is very helpful, going to just walk them with a harness first to get them used to it, goodluck with the flyball
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2006, 01:28 PM
hi guys will keep my eyes open for a second hand rig & will let sue know as soon as i find 1.There is some scooters for sale on the scottish siberian husky club website,cant remember how much they were though!!
chat with u soon rosexxxx
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2006, 01:56 PM
If you know any handy people who can weld.... build your own rig
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2006, 01:31 PM
thought you might be interested in this

http://www.scottishshc.org.uk/pages/toucan.htm
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2006, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13
thought you might be interested in this

http://www.scottishshc.org.uk/pages/toucan.htm
OMG! And you can actually run dogs with these??? I'd be on my butt before you could say mush!

Good idea though, I'm assuming you could use them on a public lane just like a mountain bike?
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2006, 02:16 PM
my huskies ran in front of a scooter & a rig. The scooter is very easy to balance on,u just need to get used to the balance part.this dosent take long though.once u have a dog or dogs pulling it its easy to balance I found that on a scooter the faster the dogs ran,the easier it was to balance.I used my rig on bridlepaths & forest trails when i trained for racing [with a permit in the forest}.& with the scooter i use bridlepaths & footpaths along the river when its quiet!! The path i use near river is a little distance away from the river!!!!
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2006, 02:29 PM
this link might be handy if anyone fancies trying to build their own rig

http://seiko.fotopic.net/c300263.html
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2006, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by rosegallagher
my huskies ran in front of a scooter & a rig. The scooter is very easy to balance on,u just need to get used to the balance part.this dosent take long though.once u have a dog or dogs pulling it its easy to balance I found that on a scooter the faster the dogs ran,the easier it was to balance.I used my rig on bridlepaths & forest trails when i trained for racing [with a permit in the forest}.& with the scooter i use bridlepaths & footpaths along the river when its quiet!! The path i use near river is a little distance away from the river!!!!
Rose when you took the dogs and rig in the forest did you have to stay on bike trails only? or were you allowed where you wanted to go??

I'm not going into the forest with a rig but with my dogs attatched to my bike via a springer type device and I asked the foresty comission ( I emailed them ) and they didn't really answer my question! I'm not really a bike cuz I'm not going really fast as I would without dogs attatched but yet I'm not on foot so should stay off footpaths...lol?...I just wondered what you were asked to do?...At the mo I am just going to stick to bike trails and bridlepaths. The onlt thing is the routes arn't always clearly marked when they cross and I might end up on a footpath anyway...lol

Rose do you have any pics of you and dogs with the rig???
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2006, 10:37 PM
thanx louise for the link, i will enquire about the scooter, and thanx to you rose for the help, will ba asking for lots more lol
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >