View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2017, 04:02 PM
best of luck to Mark and Lauren in their new home and i really hope that someone somewhere decides that Joel would be better off with his dad!!
if mine get really hot i chuck them in a cold shower...no ideal as it sends them mental Lol...like gremlins this pair!
Not sure if he will pay up each time Lynn but i think he now knows that i wasn't lying when i said i would crush the car Lol (i would be gutted as it is a gem...or was a gem!)
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-05-2017, 04:32 PM
Oooh Lynn, its happening all of a sudden, one minute nowhere to call their own, next minute a house complete with family
Really hot here now, friend just rung and they rang her from the farm to say they brought her horse in at 2.30 as it was so hot and the horse was at the gate all sweated up.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-05-2017, 04:51 PM
Thank you for all the good wishes for Mark and Lauren.
Yes all happening at once June They are both running around like headless chickens at the moment.
Loads of questions from Mark because when he moved in with Tracey everything was set up and he has forgotten how things work from when he had his little bedsit in Norwich many moons ago and his rent included all bills and when he moved in with Donna it was 2002 so his memory is a bit blurred.
I am very happy for him and hope this time around it works for them all.
I think it will Gorden is not so sure he thinks living with lauren full time and her girly ways may grate in the end. We will see.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-05-2017, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
No walks for Dillon and I today it was already to hot at 8 when we woke up.
Games in the garden and house for him today. He isn't overly impressed but we will only be out for a few minutes and he will struggle with the heat.
No shady places here really to walk.
Lynn, I agree, the larger dogs do feel heat more. With Casey we have to be careful because of his heart condition (DCM) and yesterday he stopped and layed down twice which is unusual for him. Today I made it a short walk under the shade of the trees in Knettishal about half an hour only. But it is the highlight of his day and around 1pm he starts to position himself near to me, I'm often on the computer and grabbing a tea / sandwich, as soon as I've finished he's barking and running back and forth from front door to my chair Today he didn't stop or lie down but I think he was glad to get back to the car He has been sleeping most of the afternoon in the shadiest part of the garden that he can find
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2017, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Your poor OH divericulitis attack.........painful
Yes it is Kazz. Typically he's not one to suffer in silence and has migrated to the sofa in the lounge to moan and groan. I'm not best known for my Florence nightingale qualities but at least he's giving his stomach a rest. I've bought bananas, yogurt, chicken breast, coconut water and tonic water if he feels like having anything.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-05-2017, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
They are both getting very excited now about starting their new life and adventures together and with Joel to although he will not be there permanently yet he will be there most holidays and weekends I expect.
I posted the other day that it is all looking good now and you must be pleased. If Joel is with them most weekends and holidays then they can really start to be a family and most important they can show Joel how a good home works, really happy for them and for you.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-05-2017, 06:08 PM
Yeah mine were out in the morning and back in by lunch, under the umbrella with citronella candles lit. I am running out of dogs to take to the river, everyones ill, crippled or not wanting to go over the debris there, only Mabs left
Not that long ago I was taking all of them in the car into the water for an hour on a day like this, thank God for the piccies because those days are long gone very sadly
Oh Twix, can you sit in the garden away from the patient
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2017, 06:30 PM
Well I lasted all of about 20 minutes in the house wet back outside pulled the steamer chair off the lawn and popped the cushion on it Buster slept in the brick shed on the cold floor. Then back onto the back door step had Salmon again today this time fresh salmon and mexican rice (from packet) lovely with some salad. In now.having pruned back some of the branches letting light into the the plants below.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-05-2017, 07:03 PM
Very hot, all the windows open and for the moment we have Peace Outside, they must have understood me when I threatened them with the Dogs Home if there was any more arguing.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2017, 07:27 PM
June, I expect the heat is making the girls a bit cranky I know mine are. one of my boys cut his pad deeply, it had to be stitched which he pulled out so the vets stapled it, no GA, I'm surprised he tolerated it. Did the trick though.
Lynn I bet you won't know what to do with yourself when your son moves out lol. I'm getting the fans out for my dog's incase I don't get lucky with the cooling mats at B&M.
Griff I'll give the fake tan mousse a go. For my nieces wedding I got a spray tan but looked like I'd been tango'd. Never did see the wedding photos so don't know if I was in any or been cut out!
Also got to find a new hairdresser. My mobile lady has moved far away and my grey is showing through now. Should've got sorted weeks ago grrr.
I was putting some shopping in the freezer which is in an outhouse and spotted some maggots underneath my (rarely used) shopping trolley. Somehow inexplicably a mouse has strangled itself in the trolley UGH. I got rid of the maggots but can't deal with the corpse as I'll start to gag.
Just watching Chelsea, the best in show is crap!
I'm going to have to stop watching the news, now getting annoyed with the fact that lowlife was reported for being iffy some years ago so was known, yet he left this country to go back to Libya and was STILL allowed back in to murder??
Words fail me.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >