Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2017, 06:48 AM

Daily Thread, Wednesday 24th May

Morning everyone, Nowhere feels safe any more.

Eileen enjoy your lie in today. Wouldn't it be nice if we could listen to some good news for a bit.

I hope everyone is well and ok this morning. Have a good day, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-05-2017, 07:24 AM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Morning everyone, Nowhere feels safe any more.
Assume you mean the Manchester attack.
Dreadful but I think perspective is important too. There are far more RTA fatalities. I accept that it isn't a very good comparison - accidental as in RTA as opposed to intentional harm.

Please don't misunderstand me. What happened is totally unacceptable. As I posted earlier in this thread, the bomber was also a a victim. We need to address the issue of those who radicalise the impressionable into thinking that their actions are a duty.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2017, 07:34 AM
Morning....i honestly don't give it a thought when I go places....if my numbers up it's up and I won't give the morons who commit acts of terrorism the satisfaction of affecting my life by making me want to stay away from places.
I need to get going but we have Virgin media digging up the whole of my street...hope the dogs are going to be o.k with all the news
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-05-2017, 07:44 AM
Morning Moyra, Beseoker, griff and all who follow.
Hugs Moyra it gets you down but we all have to continue living. It's what those barstewards want to make us fear carrying on.
Must admit though I think this one has hit particularly hard as so many young people and children involved. Brings tears to my eyes reading the parents tributes and now finding the hope of the missing ones is fading that they will be found alive.

griff no chemo today enjoy the shopping trip instead.
Glad the row sorted itself and the move is still on, we love them but like them do need our own space.
Are the girls better now and hope Lacey's paw is better. Completely.

To hot to walk Dillon already he will be a bit peeved when I get changed and we do not go for a stroll.
Saw the new poster and his post last night notice it is gone this morning.

Hope everyone is well and all our four legged friends are to.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-05-2017, 07:58 AM
Warm and sunny here.
We'll do the first stroll when the school run gets done. It's just easier when Max doesn't have to greet them all.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2017, 08:06 AM
Morning all. Yep know just what you mean Besoeker. When I go on holiday everyone wants to say hi to the red and white collie. Have a good day all and please keep going out and about. Don't let it stop you from enjoying your walks with your dogs.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-05-2017, 08:14 AM
No walks for Dillon and I today it was already to hot at 8 when we woke up.
Games in the garden and house for him today. He isn't overly impressed but we will only be out for a few minutes and he will struggle with the heat.
No shady places here really to walk.
Sunshade and umbrella up on the patio and oil burners going with lavender and citronella oil to help keep the midges away.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2017, 08:29 AM
Good morning everyone

I agree we have to keep going as normal or else they have won. Feel so sorry for the people with those still missing.

Enjoy your shopping Griff.

Poor Dillon just doesn't understand you have his welfare at heart but he will get over it

Pleased the move is still on and I expect once they have moved in things will settle down more. At the moment it is just too much with the babies and the move to contend with. Enjoy your lie in though Eileen. Hope the princess has improved a lot more.

Enjoy your walks once the rush is over Besoeker

Warm ane sunny here so washing is out. Off into the garden to finish the hoeing and tidying, not much more to do

Have good day and stay safe.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-05-2017, 08:53 AM
Cool and overcast here this morning, was very hot yesterday though. I've planted lavender and rosemary in troughs at the back, on the coal bunker so they don't get chewed. Also got some thyme seeds as all these keep flies away. Have read eucalyptus does as well, but will have to buy them online. I usually have citronella and lavender candles burning as well. Plan was to start painting the fence and front wall today, have got all the stuff, need to wash everything down first. Hoping sun breaks through later
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2017, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
Assume you mean the Manchester attack.
Dreadful but I think perspective is important too. There are far more RTA fatalities. I accept that it isn't a very good comparison - accidental as in RTA as opposed to intentional harm.

Please don't misunderstand me. What happened is totally unacceptable. As I posted earlier in this thread, the bomber was also a a victim. We need to address the issue of those who radicalise the impressionable into thinking that their actions are a duty.
Agree with you to a point.Just can't agree that "the bomber was also a victim"I don't care how much he or others like him are brainwashed or what purpose they truly believe they are serving.First and foremost they are human beings,they know right from wrong,no matter how "impressionable" they are.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »