register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-05-2017, 12:36 PM
Lots of roads closed around Manchester, and there is something happening in the East Manchester area I hear, they've already arrested one man. If they try and say this is a 'lone wolf' attack I will scream, he was known to them apparently. WTF can't they at least tag them, or preferably put them in a boat and leave them in the middle of the Atlantic. They are letting them back in the country after their 'Caliphate' collapsed, hardly surprising we are now dealing with the short sightedness and refusal to accept reality from the powers that be as regards keeping them OUT of our country.
Youngest victim was 8 years old
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-05-2017, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Lots of roads closed around Manchester, and there is something happening in the East Manchester area I hear, they've already arrested one man. If they try and say this is a 'lone wolf' attack I will scream, he was known to them apparently. WTF can't they at least tag them, or preferably put them in a boat and leave them in the middle of the Atlantic. They are letting them back in the country after their 'Caliphate' collapsed, hardly surprising we are now dealing with the short sightedness and refusal to accept reality from the powers that be as regards keeping them OUT of our country.
Youngest victim was 8 years old
I don't think anyone can reasonably call it a lone wolf attack. A single bomber maybe but the infrastructure had to be in place to "teach" him.

What he did is inexcusable at any level. But he's as much a victim as his victims. And as dead. As I said earlier, it is difficult to comprehend how anyone can be so brainwashed. And goes for his "mentors" as much as the perpetrator.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2017, 01:12 PM
Such a normal activity with such an outcome. Unthinkable.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2017, 01:55 PM
Hey you guys,
Totally sickened,those poor people and their familiesPure evil
Took the girls for a hike with Clodagh,my neighbour.Gorgeous day here.Leah and BF are home early,so I'm getting a wee handHer ladyship is doing well
TW,how's the girlies?
LYNN,enjoy your time with Elaine
MOYRA,hope everything is good with you xx
KAZZ,a girl after my own heartCan remember all the songs too,can even do the leg over bit
Big hi to all,have a great day.See you later
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2017, 02:21 PM
Ah yes I could do that too............and the turn around, do you recall

"Mathew ;Mark; Luke and John next door neighbour carry on". and you relayed the balls to the next girl......

"One two three O'Leary" was another song........

Do you recall some of the younger girls put a ball into a stocking or half a pair of tights then attatched the none ball end to their ankle you had to start spinning the ball and jump over the ball with the other foot.

Also skipping two big ropes being turned really fast and singing "Jump down turn around pick a bale of cotton" where you had to jump in and out of the turning ropes and do actions to the words of the song. Jumping turning spinning picking up........etc

One of the two ball songs we used was
◾Over the garden wall (throw overarm)
I let my baby sister fall; (let the ball drop and catch again)
My mom came out (at this we used to turn round)
And gave me a clout, (over arm)
I told my mother
Not to boss me about; (at this if you were good you could throw the ball half turn and wag your finger then catch the ball again but you had to be quick)
She gave me another
To match the other,
Over the garden wall (swop over)

My friend and I wrote this down from memory about 30 years ago.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2017, 02:37 PM
Awww,KAZZ,those were the daysRemember all thatAlso German jumps with the multicoloured elastic bands
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2017, 02:54 PM
Lol Kazz...the updated version
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Foot-Hula-...38.m2548.l4275
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2017, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Lol Kazz...the updated version
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Foot-Hula-...38.m2548.l4275
Progress.............
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-05-2017, 04:43 PM
Very hot here today, been on the bone run, everywhere very quiet compared to how it usually is, armed police all over the centre of Manchester as well
Girls have been lazing under the umbrella all afternoon, and are beginning to wake up now its tea time. Put Zens cream on her poorly leg this morning and she held my little finger this time. She is still limping a bit, although she may be taking after her Nana, or even taking advice from Lacey on this. However she is on House Arrest for a couple more days, till I am happy she is healing well, worst thing would be to open it up through over doing it, and she will be like a bouncy ball when she finally gets loose.
Remember lots of the skipping songs, there used to be seasons for certain things, marbles being one of them
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-05-2017, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Very hot here today, been on the bone run, everywhere very quiet compared to how it usually is, armed police all over the centre of Manchester as well
Bolting the stable door after the horses etc.comes to mind. That a bomber could gain access even to the reception area of a public venue like that speks volumes about how tight security wasn't.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >